OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ...

Thanks, Noah. You'll be looking up in the standings to the Phils, Braves and Nats. Only Jeter's tankers will save you from last place. We'll see you rehabbing in Syracuse sometime this summer after getting injured again. That's OK, the weather will be nice in the summer.
Doubtful. Nats will take a step back/Phillies are the Phillies at the end of the day and Harper aint changing that/Braves are loaded with young talent so they are scary. I'm looking at the Mets POTENTIALLY winning the East or picking up a WC.

LETS GO METS

This looks foolish

Eh, it's half of a typical bullpen mound, built to specs by professionals. And it held up great. Only three or four guys threw off it, of course.

Eh, it's half of a typical bullpen mound, built to specs by professionals. And it held up great. Only three or four guys threw off it, of course.

Thor, Diaz, Gsellman, Lugo? Who else did I miss?

Thor, Diaz, Gsellman, Lugo? Who else did I miss?

Smaller guy, #38, I think. Looking it up, Justin Wilson. I guess he played with Steve Grilli's son at one point, because they had a long chat before he threw.

Familia only threw from in front of the mound, but he wasn't expressing any displeasure about it, he just weren't looking to throw from a mound.

Smaller guy, #38, I think. Looking it up, Justin Wilson. I guess he played with Steve Grilli's son at one point, because they had a long chat before he threw.

Familia only threw from in front of the mound, but he wasn't expressing any displeasure about it, he just weren't looking to throw from a mound.

Justin Wilson was great. He threw a ton of balls into the stands and really got the players into that part of the event. I got an autograph from him and almost called him Tim Peterson. Whoops. Wrong white guy in the Mets pen.

Justin Wilson was great. He threw a ton of balls into the stands and really got the players into that part of the event. I got an autograph from him and almost called him Tim Peterson. Whoops. Wrong white guy in the Mets pen.

I don't know half the roster at this point. But it was cool to see Jim Riggleman on the staff, I've always liked him. Which side were you sitting on?

I don't know half the roster at this point. But it was cool to see Jim Riggleman on the staff, I've always liked him. Which side were you sitting on?

I managed to get front row on the other side of the end zone, away from the mound. In hindsight that wasn’t where all the action was going on, but more guys were going over there to sign autographs.

I managed to get front row on the other side of the end zone, away from the mound. In hindsight that wasn’t where all the action was going on, but more guys were going over there to sign autographs.

The one thing I hoped to see was some real batting practice in the context of the Dome, so it was fun watching a coach with a fungo bat at your end doing some infield pop fly practice. Thought he might hit a speaker, but if he did, I didn't see it.

The one thing I hoped to see was some real batting practice in the context of the Dome, so it was fun watching a coach with a fungo bat at your end doing some infield pop fly practice. Thought he might hit a speaker, but if he did, I didn't see it.

I was actually very impressed with how well the whole thing was put together. Logistically speaking it went off without a hitch. I would have liked to see more fielding, but it was neat to see some PFP.

"Hey Noah, we're also headed to Syracuse if you guys need a ride."

4a47162dbf66626b2a2a8e658f8154ded263d5e85758164639fd757f7e090f02.jpg
The Kenosha Kickers. Huge in Scranton in the late 80's......excuse me, Sheboygan.

I agree completely, and that's where I'm most critical (because I'd be the first one to say that breaking camp and heading up to Syracuse does not sound fun at all and I sympathize with him there).

He really comes across as an uninformed kid who's never looked at a map. SYR > LGA: 30 minutes. SYR > DCA: 30 minutes. Just because they open on the road doesn't actually make things more difficult for him, but he seems to think it does.

They have a day off between their appearance today and their first game.
Boo-freaking-hoo. You have a day off.

ok noah. you're forgiven . just a brush back chin whisker pitch then.

I believe his manager directed this quote to an audience of one: ""To see kids happy and smiling because they get to see (pitcher) Noah Syndergaard, or guys like that, that’s what this is all about,'' Callaway said. "Without those people, we don’t have jobs. And we always try to recognize that.'' "

I believe his manager directed this quote to an audience of one: ""To see kids happy and smiling because they get to see (pitcher) Noah Syndergaard, or guys like that, that’s what this is all about,'' Callaway said. "Without those people, we don’t have jobs. And we always try to recognize that.'' "

I’m unsurprised he was great with fans...because he ALWAYS is.

Look, the Mets are hoping to be in contention this year. If they get off to a slow start, is there any doubt talking heads will lay some of the blame on this trip? There isn’t in my mind - 100% certain that happens. So basically this trip gave the team and the media a scapegoat for a slow start, all to sell a few extra AAA tickets (at best).

This was totally asinine.

Reactions: cto
Watching the the presser again I don't think it was a shot at syracuse I think he's just annoyed that they aren't going right to dc.

This thing seemed rushed and half assed. It fit right in with the clown show Carrier dome staff and SU Athletic dept.

This thing seemed rushed and half assed. It fit right in with the clown show Carrier dome staff and SU Athletic dept.

The met players and Syracuse Mets staff would disagree. Nothing but kudos passed around.

The met players and Syracuse Mets staff would disagree. Nothing but kudos passed around.

As they prepare for the home opener, to finally get cooperation from Mother Nature and not only have no snow on the field but to get something like 5 straight warm, sunny days in late March (for the first time in years), only to have to take two days away from the stadium to set up the Dome, those SyrMets employees did phenomenal work.

They were there on Sunday afternoon building the mound in the backcourt (3,600 pounds of clay, with time taken to settle, tamped into that wood frame), and there at 11:30 on Monday night to move everything into place as Dome staff cleared out the basketball set-up after the NCAA game, and there first thing on Tuesday morning for the event, and then back to the stadium on Tuesday afternoon to do their real jobs (which usually entail 12-15 hour days at this time of year, rolling the infield, moving tarps, etc.).

Kudos indeed.

Really? The guys who convert the Dome from one sport to another and back in 24 hours? I've always thought those guys were the best team in the Dome, year after year.

must be a different crew that spells legendary players names wrong and rushes through ceremonies.

must be a different crew that spells legendary players names wrong and rushes through ceremonies.

I would think. The crew that prepares the Dome for events doesn't do commemorative jerseys or organize the ceremonies. There's a difference between the Athletic department and the Dome crew.