Class of 2021 - OT Nolan Rucci (PA) Portal to PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Nolan Rucci (PA) Portal to PSU

You aren’t paying his brother and his dad. This isn’t exactly Michael Penix or Bo Nix in the portal.

He’s been a depth guy that might have some ability.
You may very well be correct. You have your opinion and I have mine. Funny comparison you used to make your point. Lol.

If you look at the All Philadelphia team from McCord’s senior year, he and Rucci (and Marvin Jr) were the highest rated players.

In that QB podcast, Kyle talked about recruiting some guys he had played 7x7 with. This is someone he might have been talking about.

He played about half of the bowl game for Wisconsin, which I think was his first real chance at playing time for the Badgers. Did okay. I think he would be a really good addition. I am sure Penn State, Maryland and a bunch of other schools will be all over him. Let’s see if we make a play here.

If you look at the All Philadelphia team from McCord’s senior year, he and Rucci (and Marvin Jr) were the highest rated players.

In that QB podcast, Kyle talked about recruiting some guys he had played 7x7 with. This is someone he might have been talking about.

He played about half of the bowl game for Wisconsin, which I think was his first real chance at playing time for the Badgers. Did okay. I think he would be a really good addition. I am sure Penn State, Maryland and a bunch of other schools will be all over him. Let’s see if we make a play here.
Definitely intriguing with the legacy angle too.

His grandfather was a punter or something then became a prolific coach at F&M i believe.
so what was his Grandfathers name? It wasnt Rucci. We had a Ruccio from the late 60s.. from PA who was a LB.

so what was his Grandfathers name? It wasnt Rucci. We had a Ruccio from the late 60s.. from PA who was a LB.

• Grandfather, Thomas Gilburg, played football and lacrosse at Syracuse and went on to play four seasons with the Baltimore Colts

You aren’t paying his brother and his dad. This isn’t exactly Michael Penix or Bo Nix in the portal.

He’s been a depth guy that might have some ability.
Yeah let’s not get carried away here. The love affair with reserve lineman from power 5 schools is a bit crazy. Sure the depth helps and some may be able to start but we aren’t scrambling to look in the couch cushions over at orange united to pay a kid like this. I don’t care how big and how ugly he is. He played 5 games over 3 seasons.

the kid from Florida who started every game and is likely an NFL talent that's a different story

Last edited:

• Grandfather, Thomas Gilburg, played football and lacrosse at Syracuse and went on to play four seasons with the Baltimore Colts
now that name I have in my database.

played 58-60 as a LE. had a few decent games cacthing the ball.

Just for reference sake, Nolan was one of the most highly rated players Wisconsin ever signed. He was rated as a 5 star player, the number 1 player in Pennsylvania and the #17 player in the country.

He hasn’t played much there but the one position they are strong at is OL and maybe the staff has slipped some. Their records the last few years indicate this is the case.

Yeah let’s not get carried away here. The love affair with reserve lineman from power 5 schools is a bit crazy. Sure the depth helps and some may be able to start but we aren’t scrambling to look in the couch cushions over at orange united to pay a kid like this. I don’t care how big and how ugly he is. He played 5 games over 3 seasons.

the kid from Florida who started every game and is likely an NFL talent that's a different story
Yes I too agree. The kid from Florida is Mazzccua. Only problem there is that he has a brother who plays at Nebraska.

now that name I have in my database.

played 58-60 as a LE. had a few decent games cacthing the ball.
Punted for the colts in one of the greatest NFL Championship games in history. Coached a long time at F&M.

Just for reference sake, Nolan was one of the most highly rated players Wisconsin ever signed. He was rated as a 5 star player, the number 1 player in Pennsylvania and the #17 player in the country.

He hasn’t played much there but the one position they are strong at is OL and maybe the staff has slipped some. Their records the last few years indicate this is the case.

His brother Hayden just finished up at Wisconsin and is entering the draft.

NOLAN RUCCI IN PORTAL FROM WISCONSIN 12/4/2024
#66 6' 8" 310 OLT/DT ESPN 4 STAR**** 247 5 STAR*****

Nolan-Rucci-oiyce3we6m9u4k4nqp7uakmlv1yr9xkykcsl2vxubs.jpg

The Wisconsin Badgers faced some tough news on Thursday, as offensive lineman Nolan Rucci entered the transfer portal.

Rucci, a rising redshirt junior, was one of the most heralded recruits in program history, coming in as a five-star recruit in the Class of 2021.

Seen as the potential left tackle of the future with his 6’8, 310-pound frame, Rucci was entrenched in a tough position, as Jack Nelson has manned the position over the past two seasons.

Nelson, a rising redshirt senior, elected to return to college for a final season earlier last month, leaving questions surrounding Rucci’s future in Madison.

ASSETS PER HUDL SENIOR HS FILM:

SIZE
AGILE
VERY STRONG/POWERFUL
FILM IS FROM 2020 PLAYING AT 6' 6" 295
SOME FILM SHOWS HIM AT DT
WILL TAKE ADL AND BLOCK HIM STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND
IMO HE WAS WASTING HIS TIME AT WISCONSIN WHICH MAY HAVE A FULL ROOM OF GREAT OL PLAYERS TO KEEP A PLAYER OF THIS CALIBER GATHERING SPLINTERS

WOULD BE A GREAT GET!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom