OT- Northern Lights | Syracusefan.com

OT- Northern Lights

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
My facebook is blowing up with pictures of the northern lights all over upstate NY and down the east coast. If you haven't gone outside to look yet, go see if they're out there. Keep checking throughout the night, usually the later the better. If your in an area with a lot of light pollution, jump in the car and head out of town a little.

Hope you get to see them!

Almost zero light pollution where I live but the freaking clouds are covering 95% of the sky.

Ya. I’m camping on the Canadian border, and you would think we could see them. Nope. Too many freaking clouds!!

Ya. I’m camping on the Canadian border, and you would think we could see them. Nope. Too many freaking clouds!!
They were visible to the naked eye just West of Watertown. I got some cool photos. Pretty neat experience. If you used your phone camera they likely would have shown.

My street in Bville last night.

image.jpeg

They were visible to the naked eye just West of Watertown. I got some cool photos. Pretty neat experience. If you used your phone camera they likely would have shown.
I’m up by Malone. Nada

Seeing the northern lights live / in person is a bucket list item for me. My wife and I are camping out on Lake Ontario tonight to hopefully see them. Camping is NOT my idea - I am old and a freaking WUSS who gets sick if I read an article about it getting cold!! I just can't argue with the chance of seeing the lights, outweighs my WUSSness.

Let’s hope this isn’t a precursor to something really bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom