Class of 2023 - OT - Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT - Notre Dame

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Don’t think we were ever involved with this kid.

Well, I really hope we don't have a disaster on our hands when Adam signs a bunch of NIL deals for 2024 and then JB retires during the off-season. The difference here is that the recruits are expecting JB to retire. No one expected Mike Brey to retire.

Well, I really hope we don't have a disaster on our hands when Adam signs a bunch of NIL deals for 2024 and then JB retires during the off-season. The difference here is that the recruits are expecting JB to retire. No one expected Mike Brey to retire.

... Or maybe it implies that JB is going to stick around for at least another season, maybe more.

I see zero evidence suggesting he will step away.

... Or maybe it implies that JB is going to stick around for at least another season, maybe more.

I see zero evidence suggesting he will step away.
I would suggest that the evidence points more towards AW trying to help build a national contender for his buddy to go out on a high note with.

I would suggest that the evidence points more towards AW trying to help build a national contender for his buddy to go out on a high note with.

A national contender next year? Ok...

2024 my man
Some of this years class still around, whomever we bring in next year...then looks like hes trying for a heavy freshman 2024 group. IF it works that is the recipe for a contender

Chris Bell has been more effective in his court time and most fans here can't stand his game.
Bell has been better on defense? Ball handling? I would take JJ here in a second. If Mintz comes back next year, that is a exciting back court. Taylor plays the guard and as well as forward with Bell and Brown. That isn't bad in my book.

Some of this years class still around, whomever we bring in next year...then looks like hes trying for a heavy freshman 2024 group. IF it works that is the recipe for a contender
The pieces still need to be utilized appropriately, and I see no evidence that that will happen no matter what the roster looks like.

Bell has been better on defense? Ball handling? I would take JJ here in a second. If Mintz comes back next year, that is a exciting back court. Taylor plays the guard and as well as forward with Bell and Brown. That isn't bad in my book.
Yes, Bell has been better on defense. Look at the numbers. They aren't good. Mintz and Starling would be one of the worst shooting backcourts in the ACC from 3 and the free throw line, but hey burger boy. And I live in the town he grew up in!

Chris Bell has been more effective in his court time and most fans here can't stand his game.
when we first signed Chris Bell, I felt that he was a single skill facet individual more like a Reggie Miller in the pros, meaning he had shooting, not scoring skills. Even though he has not done much to change my initial, he has impressed me with his offensive skills. I hope that his rebounding and other skills will improve.

I have seen he is very athletic and am impressed with his shooting skills. I feel that his overall skills and Court awareness will improve over the years he plays at Syracuse.

Yes, Bell has been better on defense. Look at the numbers. They aren't good. Mintz and Starling would be one of the worst shooting backcourts in the ACC from 3 and the free throw line, but hey burger boy. And I live in the town he grew up in!
JJ is shooting 32% from 3. Not terrible by any means for a frosh. A 3 some of JJ, Mintz and Taylor works for me.

JJ is shooting 32% from 3. Not terrible by any means for a frosh. A 3 some of JJ, Mintz and Taylor works for me.
64% from the line is concerning.

I guess I should take this as it’s probably happening since I know your sources are rock solid. Not sure that gets us over the hump, but maybe we can play man with that group at least.

I guess I should take this as it’s probably happening since I know your sources are rock solid. Not sure that gets us over the hump, but maybe we can play man with that group at least.
What? He didn't say anything was happening.
We can play man right now by the way. This group is athletic.

What? He didn't say anything was happening.
We can play man right now by the way. This group is athletic.
I assume we will make a play considering the poster I am responding too.

I agree. We could play man now, but we don't! SAD.

Oh no. I haven't heard one thing. I just think he has to be thinking What. They just lost two recruits. The coach is gone and they have at least 4 grad sr's. That's all. He might love ND as far as I know.

2024 my man

Given that it is 2023, 2024 would be next year.

There is no way imaginable that we will be a contender next year. We don't even have a recruit lined up for next year.

Decent nucleus next year -- sure. Maybe better overall as a team than this year, due to experience -- sure.

National championship contender? Not sure why that would be a rational consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom