OT: November 2nd - Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

OT: November 2nd - Wake Forest

weedsportwarriors

All Conference
I just found out that November 2nd is the weekend they are having parents weekend for the students. My daughter, who will be starting classes at SU in August, just got her season tickets for football and basketball and she was able to get tickets for us for the Wake Forest game during parents weekend. I know this is the weekend they are retiring Donovan's jersey, my wife is a huge fan of Donovan (the reason she used to like the Eagles). She is a bigger SU basketball fan, but loves Donovan. November 2nd will be our 22nd anniversary and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anyway to get a hold of Donovan's PR guy or SU's football PR guy to see if maybe before the game, the day before or day after Donovan would be interested in meeting for a picture with my wife. I know the 2nd will be his day and don't want to intrude on that but this would be the greatest anniversary present ever for my wife. Maybe even a lunch at Dino's B-B-Que with him.
As a military spouse my wife had to sacrifice so many things in order to keep our family together and going strong during my deployments. She is awesome and is the reason my kids are so successful and able to attend Syracuse ( my son will be attending next year if he gets accepted). The wife of a military member is very challenging because you don't have the extended family support that you would normally have. She was able to keep us going strong and I wanted to do something special for her. If anyone has a POC or can help me with making this happen for her please send me a conversation invite on this website or email me at clifford.hickok.ctr@socom.mil.

I'd say contact somebody at Manley Field House (you can call, but meeting in person is the better option). The best way is to walk inside personally and go straight to the front desk. Floyd Little's office is right near the front I believe (if not, just ask where his office is), and is a real good guy at heart for those who've never run into him or met him before. If possible, talk to him and tell the same story you told us. Bring some pictures of your wife and any other stuff to show you aren't faking the story. Donovan is also a class act so I believe if you can get Floyd to help you out, you may be in luck.

Keep us updated. I really hope it works out for you!

I'd say contact somebody at Manley Field House (you can call, but meeting in person is the better option). The best way is to walk inside personally and go straight to the front desk. Floyd Little's office is right near the front I believe (if not, just ask where his office is), and is a real good guy at heart for those who've never run into him or met him before. If possible, talk to him and tell the same story you told us. Bring some pictures of your wife and any other stuff to show you aren't faking the story. Donovan is also a class act so I believe if you can get Floyd to help you out, you may be in luck.

Keep us updated. I really hope it works out for you!

Jeremy,
Thanks. We are in Florida but will be coming up in August to drop my daughter off for school. My son actually has an appt to talk with the counselors for attending next year. My wife will be with me but maybe I can arrange to talk with him somehow without her knowing. Maybe I will try to schedule an appt ahead of time. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom