OT: Oswego Sub Shop opening up in Liverpool | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Oswego Sub Shop opening up in Liverpool

Sig Tau had the biggest house, IIRC. I'm pretty sure I saw some bikini mud wrestling there, too, during my freshman year but the general douchiness of the brothers made me not want to go back. Also, getting beer there was harder than at most frats.

-'13 grad
I'm sure you're correct...just stating what I witnessed back in my days at Oswego State.

There used to be a frat house right next to Sig Tau (can't remember their name) that burned down years ago. They were one of the big three back in my day.

I'm sure you're correct...just stating what I witnessed back in my days at Oswego State.

There used to be a frat house right next to Sig Tau (can't remember their name) that burned down years ago. They were one of the big three back in my day.

Yeah, Sig Tau and Gamma are by far the biggest two. If I remember the story correctly, they used to be a single frat way back in the day but they ended up splitting into two. They have an annual tackle football game between the pledges. I'd hate to be the losing team lol.

BTW, I'm biased towards Gamma because I roomed in 'Daga for a year with 3 Gamma brothers.

God damn you!!! We should've been friends.

You're better off, trust me.

Summer of 93, 19 years old. just finished sophomore year at SU. Every Friday, around 5 pm, find a parent so willing to get us out of the house they'd buy us a case, show up at SUfaninAZ's apartment on Bridge between Sub Shop and Broadwell's. Drink on the front porch, play the name game, people watch, then walk to Old City, leave at 2 am to go to the fraternity for after hours. Walk home in the daylight. My dad waking me up around 9 am, saying someone just called and found your wallet in West Park. Again. Wake up around 3 pm, repeat the cycle.

When I'm on my death bed, I'll credit that Summer as the reason I'm not seeing at least another 5 years.

If you are a connoisseur of the sub sandwich, and if you are ever in Geneseo, NY you must stop at Aunt Cookies. Simply the best in Western NY. Got me through many a finals week. Oh and order it 'italian'. They heat up the bread that creates a slight crunch before making the sub. I'm hungry now..

They are very good...order it with the works plus ketchup.

I usually order a whole sub, eat half and save the rest for the next day.

Oh man - you gotta go Mayo, my friend!

Oh man - you gotta go Mayo, my friend!
Mayo is part of "the works"...the ketchup is an additional ingredient not included in "the works" that you have to ask for.

Not even close Mark...Sig Tau (The Tools) threw the best parties.
They were my Number 2...my Freshmen roommate rushed them...BTW, the frat that burned down was that Psi Phi? Weren't they the stoners?

Mayo is part of "the works"...the ketchup is an additional ingredient not included in "the works" that you have to ask for.

I always found the taste of ketchup to just overpower the harmony of flavors in that sub - but to each their own.

They were my Number 2...my Freshmen roommate rushed them...BTW, the frat that burned down was that Psi Phi? Weren't they the stoners?
Yes, Psi Phi were the stoners but their house was located on West 4th or 5th streets.

I think the house that burned was called DK. Their house was the next building just west of Sig Tau on Montcalm.

Yes, Psi Phi were the stoners but their house was located on West 4th or 5th streets.

I think the house that burned was called DK. Their house was the next building just west of Sig Tau on Montcalm.
sig tau.. smh.. some of the stories ive heard about their pledging process...

my 2 cents on subshop.. awesome but pricy. was there last summer passing through, ordered a turkey,bacon and lettuce sub with soda.. 12 bucks. was not overly happy, but for a once in awhile treat its worth it. also was never a pizza pub fan no matter the time. grantit a cheese pizza(i use that term loosely since there was basically no cheese) was 3 bucks which you cant beat. but the morning after was not good. i dont know where it is now, but my bang for the buck i would always get enzo's with my roommate and girlfriend and split it 3 ways, which with tip came to about 3 bucks a person for atleast 2 big floppy slices. god i miss enzos

my 2 cents on subshop.. awesome but pricy. was there last summer passing through, ordered a turkey,bacon and lettuce sub with soda.. 12 bucks. was not overly happy, but for a once in awhile treat its worth it.

Someone ripped you off - we order off the menu from work about once a month. It wouldn't be $12.00 even if they charged a $1 extra for the bacon with the turkey, a $1.85 for the soda plus tax.

http://oswegomenus.com/oswego_subshop_menu.pdf

psi phi gamma was on west fifth down by the lake and burned down midlate 80's . hands down best keggers. no basements. mantel diving in the great room encouraged.stoners? hardly. just good times.

How does Oswego Sub Shop stack up with the Canadian House of Pizza and Garbage?
images

Someone ripped you off - we order off the menu from work about once a month. It wouldn't be $12.00 even if they charged a $1 extra for the bacon with the turkey, a $1.85 for the soda plus tax.

http://oswegomenus.com/oswego_subshop_menu.pdf[/quote]

Okay, I might have to stop by this place before the Liverpool shop opens.

Looking at the menu, out of all these options for a cheeseburger sub, which one is the most legendary and mythical? The Eric Cole?

The Eric Cole is the Cheeseburger sub on steroids! Delicious!!!!

http://oswegomenus.com/oswego_subshop_menu.pdf
ill be back up there this summer..and someone is getting a piece of my mind damnit!!

This thread again reminds us of the uber strong faction of Oswego State Lakers that reside on the board. Excited about this development; that BK has sat vacant for a while now and it would be great to have something other than another national chain residing there.

I just hope the food tastes half as good as everyone here is saying. Or to be more accurate, I hope the Cheeseburger Sub is still good if eaten while sober. Can't wait to check it out, wish it was going to open sooner.
Liked it better when they went by the Oswego State Great Lakers.

:eek:
Bucklands/Shaki Patch/Tri-Lions Club/PoorHouse/Pinerrama :eek:
The ones you mention must be past my time. I know I could still do a good Bridge St. Run if necessary.

I was told by my father, that bucklands and broadwells were the bar's you went to, to see a good fight or be in one yourself. Total sausagefest. They both were long gone by the time I roamed bridge st

Anyone remember "The Warehouse" in Oswego? It burned down sometime during my first year there. (a "couple":rolleyes: of years ago)

I was told by my father, that bucklands and broadwells were the bar's you went to, to see a good fight or be in one yourself. Total sausagefest. They both were long gone by the time I roamed bridge st
Not sure when your dad was there but when the drinking age was 18 Buckland's was definitely not a sausage fest.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure when your dad was there but when the drinking age was 18 Buckland's was definitely not a sausage fest.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

He just said it would get really rowdy and all the girls would leave at that point. He helped build nine mile 1, 2, and Fitzpatrick so during those yrs. Im 30 and don't remember either place being open when it was my turn. When I started it was the nuthouse (closed) the raven, the buckout, and water st...old city, toucans, etc. Its been a few yrs.