OT: Packers v. Seahawks final call... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Packers v. Seahawks final call...

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Am I the only person in the world who thinks the officials actually made the right call? I had nothing on the line, no bets, no fantasy implications and no bias towards either team... But the rule is that a tie goes to the receiver. The DB did not have possession prior to Tate also have his hands on the ball and they were both locked up on the ball when the refs made the call. So it's by all accounts a tie and thus Tate scored a td.

Am I the only person in the world who thinks the officials actually made the right call? I had nothing on the line, no bets, no fantasy implications and no bias towards either team... But the rule is that a tie goes to the receiver. The DB did not have possession prior to Tate also have his hands on the ball and they were both locked up on the ball when the refs made the call. So it's by all accounts a tie and thus Tate scored a td.
I didn't even know it but theres a pro sports/other sports board where I made a post on this too that was moved there. Initially you, me and Tirico thought so, but on replay they should have overturned it, if there going by what strictly the call should have been. However, someone tells me that by going by the letter of their laws and techicality it couldn't be overturned.

I didn't even know it but theres a pro sports/other sports board where I made a post on this too that was moved there. Initially you, me and Tirico thought so, but on replay they should have overturned it, if there going by what strictly the call should have been. However, someone tells me that by going by the letter of their laws and techicality it couldn't be overturned.

Correct. The only thing reviewable was if it was a catch and the ball did not hit the ground. Once the officials ruled it a TD on the field that part was a rap.

No, no, no---you are crazy. As a Giants fan, it's always great to see the Packers lose, but this was an atrocious call. I suggest you watch it again---this was NOT a "simultaneous possession", so NOT a "tie to receiver". Jennings has the ball pinned to his chest for a solid 5-10 seconds. Tate doesn't get his "equal share" until long after that---play was long over.

The correct call was offensive pass interference on Tate. Just because it's a chaos Hail Mary play doesn't mean you get to shove defenders to the ground to get them out of your way.

Having said that, I love the scab refs. Making the games interesting. Talking heads say they hate them, but in reality they love them, fills their air. No one liked the regular refs either, as forgotten as that seems to be now. There's a reason why it's such a replay game now.

The packer DB had the ball in his possession, ball was pinned against his chest...easy call to make.
No doubt in my mind that was a pick.

The packer DB had the ball in his possession, ball was pinned against his chest...easy call to make.
No doubt in my mind that was a pick.
I can't find a great replay on Youtube, but Tate definitely had his hand between the ball and Jennings chest from what I can see at least while they're in the air. So it's not as easy a call to make.

No, no, no---you are crazy. As a Giants fan, it's always great to see the Packers lose, but this was an atrocious call. I suggest you watch it again---this was NOT a "simultaneous possession", so NOT a "tie to receiver". Jennings has the ball pinned to his chest for a solid 5-10 seconds. Tate doesn't get his "equal share" until long after that---play was long over.
Tate's hand was clearly between Jennings and the ball. I can see that on the crappy replays that have been posted on Youtube..

The correct call was offensive pass interference on Tate. Just because it's a chaos Hail Mary play doesn't mean you get to shove defenders to the ground to get them out of your way.
I agree there was definitely PI on this play by Tate.. and there were some other plays prior to that last one that were quite questionable. Just not sure I agree with most that Jennings established sole possession of the ball on the catch.

Horrible call...not even close. Having hands on the ball does not equal possession. Interference, interception, incomplete pass and anything else they could have called would have been less egregious. Feel bad for the losing players.

totally agree. not a catch, tate was late and did not have any kind of possession of the ball till after they were both playing grab-ass on the ground.

Having a hand on the ball and hugging the defender when the defender is clutching the ball to his chest on the ground is not "simultaneous possession."

Eh, at Giants Stadium last season the Pack were gifted a TD they didn't get.

These refs stink, but let's not pretend they are replacing great refs either.

I had Seattle +165 for a buck on the monely line.. It was a great call! :) That was the spread too, The game went off at Seattle +4.5.. 12-7 and then 14-12. Plenty of pissed off people on that front I am sure

I can't find a great replay on Youtube, but Tate definitely had his hand between the ball and Jennings chest from what I can see at least while they're in the air. So it's not as easy a call to make.

I just watched a good replay if it, when try come to the ground with it the packer DB has it, in the air they both had their hands on it. But even with the the pack DB has better possession if it. Hen they hit the ground the DB has sole possession if it, with Tate having his hand in it but the ball is no where near his body. DB had it pinned. That's a INT to me.

Thank you. The media firestorm against the scabs is getting ridiculous. This bad call could have easily have been made a year ago today with the "good" refs. Did people forget about Phil Luckett already?

The only comparison I can make is if the Cleveland State buzzer beater happened after time ran out, they reviewed it, and still called it good. That's how angry I feel right now.

I agree wit hNYC and UEO...horrible call. First of all Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference. Blatently obvious and there was no call. Secondly there was no simultaneous catch. Tate never had the ball in his possession and the defender clearly had the ball.

This call was totally wrong and the Pack got screwed. As a Giants fan, per NYC Fan I accept it but it was wrong.

Having said that, I love the scab refs. Making the games interesting. Talking heads say they hate them, but in reality they love them, fills their air. No one liked the regular refs either, as forgotten as that seems to be now. There's a reason why it's such a replay game now.

Finally someone that agrees with me!

Although I will say they never call PI on those plays. If they did you would have neverending offsetting penalties. Usually the pushing is more centered - Tate got outside to make it more obvious.

Definitely simulataneous catch though in full speed - I guess if you slow it down it's more questionable, but Tate's arm is in there the whole time. Is it more of a catch by Jennings because he has two hands on it instead of one on the way down - is that the tiebreaker?

Yup, people are acting like the regular refs were these mythical figures that never got calls wrong...they do, and they're not nearly as entertaining to watch stumble through a game. In the last 5 years they've bungled two end of games for the Chargers - and they have years of experience, these guys have weeks! Let them stay!!!!!

The real refs - the best in the biz (funny clip from last year)!