OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had it with Patreon. Still says I’m a $3 supporter yet was charged $2 as per an email notification from the CC company. Still can’t unlock the Aug 1 content so I cancelled. No more Patreon.

weird that he made a big production of "I'm done no one appreciates me" and now this... :confused:

Frankly it is disappointing he hasn't come in to post some kind of explanation. He clearly knows that Patreon has falsely charged many people who supported him and yet we're all left out in the cold. I try hard not to get involved in the drama that goes on around here, but taking money from people under false pretenses is not right.

He clearly knows that Patreon has falsely charged many people who supported him and yet we're all left out in the cold
He does, are you sure? And I don't know for sure either way, but that's pretty definitive.

Reading the thread title, I thought that somehow a crooked relative of Dave Jacobs opened up a "Shirt World" spin-off store.
LOL, man. Thanks for bringing some levity to this grim exchange.

Now we can't delete this thread.

Great, so I'm now being charged $1/month and won't be allowed to read anything since it was raised to $3/month. I've been trying all day to edit my membership but the the Patreon website just spins and spins when I hit edit. So frustrating!

Great, so I'm now being charged $1/month and won't be allowed to read anything since it was raised to $3/month. I've been trying all day to edit my membership but the the Patreon website just spins and spins when I hit edit. So frustrating!

On the page it showed I am a $3 donor. Had to re-up with the $3 from a previously cancelled card which had the $1/mo donation. Now I’m being charged $2 though and that isn’t even an option! I still can’t unlock the Aug 1 content so I cancelled.

On the page it showed I am a $3 donor. Had to re-up with the $3 from a previously cancelled card which had the $1/mo donation. Now I’m being charged $2 though and that isn’t even an option! I still can’t unlock the Aug 1 content so I cancelled.
At least you could cancel, I'm trying to cancel but just get the spinning circle when I try.

Maybe this will help... I was a $1 a month as well. I like Dean's recruiting info, but I do agree it's not a good look for him to get the account going again and have the $1 people be charged for something they cannot access. Anyway, instead of canceling my $1, I just upped to $3 and it automatically brought my current $1 payment into the $3 payment. My account currently says I just have one $3 payment when I get charged. I was able to access the Aug. 1st pod from there.

Maybe this will help... I was a $1 a month as well. I like Dean's recruiting info, but I do agree it's not a good look for him to get the account going again and have the $1 people be charged for something they cannot access. Anyway, instead of canceling my $1, I just upped to $3 and it automatically brought my current $1 payment into the $3 payment. My account currently says I just have one $3 payment when I get charged. I was able to access the Aug. 1st pod from there.
Thanks but I've tried to increase my monthly payment to $3 too and still get the spinning circle when trying to edit my membership and can't do anything.

He does, are you sure? And I don't know for sure either way, but that's pretty definitive.

I say I’m sure because this is a very small community and this thread is very public. If he hasn’t seen it, people who would tell him about it have seen it.

I say I’m sure because this is a very small community and this thread is very public. If he hasn’t seen it, people who would tell him about it have seen it.
Ok, I just know he's really passionate like most of us, and has went out of his way, to provide years of free content. I'm willing to give him a little more than 72 hrs response time to a developing situation . Some people have a lot more going on in life, etc. We'll see.

twitter, 8/25:
Summer Recruiting Updates | Otto's World on Patreon</a> I guess you missed this earlier in the month.</p>&mdash; Dean Francis (@OttosWorld365) <a href="">August 26, 2018</a></blockquote>

Hard to sign up for something you know nothing about. But let me know if I have it right. Some people paid a buck for nothing. Some people paid three bucks for a month old podcast. And some people paid five bucks for the special pay side content.

Hard to sign up for something you know nothing about. But let me know if I have it right. Some people paid a buck for nothing. Some people paid three bucks for a month old podcast. And some people paid five bucks for the special pay side content.
I don't know if anything is for sure at this point as far as billing. I upped from $1 to 3 and got the pod. Didn't care how old, it was semi recent. He explained how billing goes at the end. Didn't sound like you'd be charged a monthly fee if no pods came out. If that's not the case, I'd be cancelling too.

Is Dean cancelling a $1 contribution with Patreon if someone doesn't up it to $3 or should this somehow be done directly with Patreon? I have received no reply from my inquiry to Patreon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom