OT: Pittsburgh sports agent accuses Alabama coach Nick Saban of cheating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pittsburgh sports agent accuses Alabama coach Nick Saban of cheating

Not comparing the Penn State scandal with a recruiting scandal, but do you seriously see nothing wrong with cheating in recruiting? Bribing a kid to come to your school? Breaking a rule you agreed to follow? Save me the exploitation argument (which should now fall on deaf ears as Sandusky has shown what real exploitation is). The money schools earn does not go into the pockets of administrators, it is used to pay of non-revenue sports. Also, my student loan payments from SU make it very clear the value and benefit of an athletic scholarship.

I have a problem with the schools. I don't have a problem with the kids. I've yet to have someone offer me $100,000 in cash. I doubt I would turn down. There is generally nothing illegal about that in the real world unless you don't pay any applicable taxes.

I have no problem with the kids cheating at all. I don't blame them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

If there's anything I can't stand its when someone justifies their weak argument, by deflecting and then offering up similar, or "equivalent" examples.
We see it everyday in politics: "Yeah, (fill-in-the-blank) lied about that, but what about (fill-in-the-blank)... he did so-and-so back in the day"! What does one have to do with the other?
PSU enabled a pedophile, but Saban is a cheater????
And thats relevant because...:bang:

totally agree i have saying that for 30 yrs----no desire and maybe don't belong in college----to much money involved though---never happen

Agreed on the money. At some point society & schools need to take a stand. I'll take the direction of the Ivy League any day over what's become of football & basketball in our colleges.

just curious as i do not know much about hin--why do you say that?
He is a liar (ask Wayne Huizenga and the city of Miami), he acts holier than thou, he berates everyone from secretary's and other office staff over minor stuff (once again ask the people in Miami), he actually passed out a memo to office staff saying if they saw him in the halls they weren't to make eye contact with him, he takes being a "miserable coach" to new levels all the time.

He is just a bad person

The NFL needs to create a legitimate minor league system for kids who have no desire to go to college. Colleges should no longer be the de facto minor league system for football. The same is true for the NBA. The two most corrupt college sports are the two with no minor league option for kids. There needs to be an alternate developmental model. It hasn't ruined college baseball or hockey.

Yeah but that would suck. We're all here instead of our local minor league baseball team's message board for a reason. College sports rule. It became a monster by accident.

Yeah but that would suck. We're all here instead of our local minor league baseball team's message board for a reason. College sports rule. It became a monster by accident.

Wouldn't necessarily suck, but it would different. Cornell hockey's 26 man roster this fall will include 8 kids who are already NHL draft picks. It's just a different model. As tipphill said, however, the money's a big issue.