OT. Post your pet pic | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Post your pet pic

ADF3A851-6CB6-45CF-A2F6-F311A58B15EF.jpeg

Gladys and Agnes have now passed away.

In the last 12 months we had to put down our two dogs. 16 and 17 YO. My wife works from home now and was feeling lonely. We didn’t want dogs because we want to travel. These were her Christmas gifts.

Joe’s time is coming to an end unfortunately. What we thought was a tooth abscess is more likely jaw cancer. My boy will get one more night with Joe tonight.
My heart always goes out with the loss of a pet. As much as we love parents, siblings, or dear friends - when we lose one of those we are not losing a member of our household as is the case when we lose a pet.

Joe’s time is coming to an end unfortunately. What we thought was a tooth abscess is more likely jaw cancer. My boy will get one more night with Joe tonight.

Ugh.
That blows.

So sorry for your family.

We lost our guy, BO * after 14+ years this past December.

* "BO" = "Big Orange" - that was his name at the adoption agency, and we kept it, because it fit him so well

Our daughter was 5 when we got him, so she has no recollection of her life, where he's not there.
It's amazing what a large hole a small little beastie can leave in your lives when they are gone.

In spite of being a Plus-sized kitty for most of his life, BO was "sneaky athletic" and a great mouser.
Over the years, I came up with tons of nicknames and puns about him, because he had such a huge personality, and also the name BO lends itself to being memed.

BO - The Draggin' Warrior
The Great Wide Hunter
Come At Me BO

Especially since the pandemic, since we were all at home that much more, anywhere we were - BO was.
He'd follow my wife out to the garden while she was doing her thing there.
He'd hang out near (but not too near) the pool while we were swimming.
And wherever we were inside, he'd plop himself down on a chair or couch near us - often stealing your seat if you got up for a moment.

He is missed.

Joe’s time is coming to an end unfortunately. What we thought was a tooth abscess is more likely jaw cancer.
Ugh. If pets weren't great losing them wouldn't suck so much.

My most recent addition (2020)

IMG_6015.jpeg

Work from home they said, it's fun and you can be productive.

She very much knows that dinner is sometime in the afternoon. She's less precise about the time. It apparently can be anywhere from 2 to 6. Likewise, breakfast is somewhere between 4am and 7am regardless if I'm sleeping or not.

Came across this on You-Tube. You might enjoy it.

Thanks to all. Joe left us on Friday. Glad my son got to spend some time with him before the end. Found this pic over the weekend. This is how I’m going to remember Joe.

20013392-2AF9-462B-8B94-127E30088A34.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom