OT - Revis Traded !!! | Syracusefan.com

OT - Revis Traded !!!

newmexicuse

All Conference
Jets get the # 13 pick this season plus a third (most likely) or a fourth next season.

Jets are in total re-building mode. As good as Revis is, it makes no sense to keep him if they were unwilling to sign him to an extension.

This is the season the Jets tear it down; hopefully, in this draft or the next they can find their franchise QB & build up from there.

I would love to see the Jets trade down from that # 13 & grab Nassib end of first or early second round.

I like Ryan a lot but he is probably not the guy you build a team around. He could come into a team that has decent talent and succeed, but from ground up you need a special talent. As a Pats fan, I would take it in a heartbeat.

The Jets are being completely dismantled to begin rebuilding. It made little sense to commit $15 million a year to one player (other than an elite QB) when there are 15 holes to fill. I believe the plan is to win 1-3 games this season and get a top 3 pick in next year's draft when they can get Bridgewater or Manziel.

Jets get the # 13 pick this season plus a third (most likely) or a fourth next season.

Jets are in total re-building mode. As good as Revis is, it makes no sense to keep him if they were unwilling to sign him to an extension.

This is the season the Jets tear it down; hopefully, in this draft or the next they can find their franchise QB & build up from there.

I would love to see the Jets trade down from that # 13 & grab Nassib end of first or early second round.

Not to mention possibly 4 comp. picks next season. As it stands now Jets could have 12 picks next year.

Idzik has been doing a great job imho since he has taken the GM spot in NY.

Eagles fan here. That trade was highway robbery. This is a great draft to have picks 9 and 13. The 10-20 range is good value in this draft. I really like the Jets to take one 3/4 rusher (Mingo, Ansah, Werner) or Lotulelei. With the 2nd pick, I'd take an offensive lineman, either Warmack or Cooper, whichever guard is left.
Looking at your depth chart, it seems like you guys could use a safety for the future, and the 2nd and third rouuds are perfect for that this year. Don't spend a pick on a QB like Nassib. Maybe reunite Morningwood with Foles for a pick next year. Otherwise wait til next year to get your QB.

LOL Can't wait for the Jets to take another overhyped DE/DL and have him do nothing. Not to mention that they don't even save cap space with that trade. They're going to be terrible this year and I can't wait.

What a deal for the Bucs. They basically traded Xavier Rhodes for Darelle Revis and didn't guarantee him any money. Literally couldn't have dreamed of a better deal. My roommate (Jets fan) is beside himself at the fact that the Jets took such a large cap hit and didn't get much for the best corner in the league while Tampa can now get rid of Revis whenever they want without taking a cap hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom