(OT) Revised -I dove with Boeheim in Indonesia! | Syracusefan.com

(OT) Revised -I dove with Boeheim in Indonesia!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Pictures show up later on in the thread. Sorry about that, folks!

Honestly, I was shocked he would go on this trip so close to the season, but it showed how relaxed he is about our team this season! And who would suspect he is a rabid diver and underwater photographer? On the very last dive, we encountered a swath of orange bubble tipped anemone and both of us agreed it was an omen of a good season ahead.

We went to two resorts and believe me when I tell you that you CAN'T get there from here! Below is my dive master from our first resort in the Lembah straits. I was such a bumbler diving with a wet suit (my first time) that it is clear to me that without good ole Rusly I would be dead today.

Below is our first resort, Kasawari.

The second resort is Misool in Raj Ampat, requiring a 5 hour boat ride on swelling seas, causing the boat to rise up and then SLAP as it hit the bottom of the trough every 20 seconds. I really enjoyed myself in Misool, because I knew I was never going back!

In the first resort we saw dozens of rare creatures on every dive, including the blue-ringed octopus captured by fellow diver Dave Wang, below:

In Misool we were fortunate enough to swim with giant oceanic manta, an unforgettable, otherworldly experience. Hopefully, one of the half dozen photgraphers will soon post a few pictures I can share with you.

This trip was one of the bravest things I ever did. I got sick on 3 separate occasions and I was not alone. The traveling to, from, and in between resorts was grim. Took us four days to get back. But I would not trade this experience for anything! The diving, the resorts, the wonderful Indonesian people and my marvelous, zany, lovable companions made this one of the peak experiences of my life.

Besides, I got to dive with Boeheim!

Last edited:
I accidentally posted this to the football board. How do I get it onto the basketball side? Anyone? Thanks! (still very very jet lagged)

This sounds like a spectacular trip!! However, none of the pictures are showing up...and I absolutely love me some vacation pics.

Honestly, I was shocked he would go on this trip so close to the season, but it showed how relaxed he is about our team this season! And who would suspect he is a rabid diver and underwater photographer? On the very last dive, we encountered a swath of orange bubble tipped anemone and both of us agreed it was an omen of a good season ahead.

We went to two resorts and believe me when I tell you that you CAN'T get there from here! Below is my dive master from our first resort in the Lembah straits. I was such a bumbler diving with a wet suit (my first time) that it is clear to me that without good ole Rusly I would be dead today.

The second resort is Misool in Raj Ampat, requiring a 5 hour boat ride on swelling seas, causing the boat to rise up and then SLAP as it hit the bottom of the trough every 20 seconds. I really enjoyed myself in Misool, because I knew I was never going back!

In the first resort we saw dozens of rare creatures on every dive, including the blue-ringed octopus captured by fellow diver Dave Wang, below:

In Misool we were fortunate enough to swim with giant oceanic manta, an unforgettable, otherworldly experience. Hopefully, one of the half dozen photgraphers will soon post a few pictures I can share with you.

This trip was one of the bravest things I ever did. I got sick on 3 separate occasions and I was not alone. The traveling to, from, and in between resorts was grim. Took us four days to get back. But I would not trade this experience for anything! The diving, the resorts, the wonderful Indonesian people and my marvelous, zany, lovable companions made this one of the peak experiences of my life.

sounds awesome! but the pics arent working for me. anyone else?

how did this trip happen? is this a CTO special?

This sounds like a spectacular trip!! However, none of the pictures are showing up...and I absolutely love me some vacation pics.
Are pics really not showing up? I see them.

Ha! For all the grief we gave you about this being a CTO-like trip, we had no idea how right we were.

Also not seeing the pictures.

YES!!!!!

Someone finally one-upped CTO in the While-I-was-in-X-I-met-Y sweepstakes... :D

Good Job Beadlejuice...

Yes, no pics either. Thanks for sharing though. Something like that is on my bucket list big time and I travel a LOT! Cheers.

Negative. How are you posting them? Uploading a file?
I'm cutting and pasting from my gmail. Perhaps I need to turn them into a PDF file and then try? But I am soooooo tired . . . . .

Good people, I will try to figure this out. Stay tuned!

I'm cutting and pasting from my gmail. Perhaps I need to turn them into a PDF file and then try? But I am soooooo tired . . . . .

I'd save them to your desktop, then on the lower left of the text box next to "post reply" you will see "upload a file"

Save the photos to your computer (or whatever device your using) and then click the 'upload a file' button

Once you click the picture you want to add, before you post, below the text box you will see a small version of your picture, with the options of "thumbnail" or "full image" click full image.
2014-bobily-wedding-441f.jpg

Once you click the picture you want to add, before you post, below the text box you will see a small version of your picture, with the options of "thumbnail" or "full image" click full image. View attachment 52980
Will try! And my daughter is coming over in a couple hours and will help me. I will post these pics or die in the attempt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom