Class of 2019 - OT Ryan Roberts (MI) Grad Transfer from NIU/Committed to FSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Ryan Roberts (MI) Grad Transfer from NIU/Committed to FSU

FSU exploring grad-transfer options to shore up offensive line - NoleGameday

– Ryan Roberts, Northern Illinois
Roberts is the most recent addition in FSU’s grad-transfer pursuit. In fact, he was visited by coach Frey for the first time on Monday, Jan. 22. Roberts is a new grad-transfer and he’s another player who hasn’t publicly stated his options or plans.
The Michigan native entered the Transfer Portal on Jan. 15. He started 10 games in his career. His massive frame at 6-foot-6, 300-pounds is very interesting to the staff. Roberts actually played against the Seminoles earlier this year in coach Taggart’s first win over an FBS team, though he was injured during the contest.
It appears he’s someone that the coaches are starting to keep an eye on.

Its ok to disagree with me. I am surprised people are pushing a depth play where we already have players. We need starters. Koda Martin level talent not Sun Belt losing record 3-9. with a poor offense, 101/130 in the country.
We need starters not depth.
I would trust the OL line coach with over 30+ years experience over someone on this board.

Its ok to disagree with me. I am surprised people are pushing a depth play where we already have players. We need starters. Koda Martin level talent not Sun Belt losing record 3-9. with a poor offense, 101/130 in the country.

How many Koda Martins are grad transfers this year? Zero.

And let’s be honest, that never would’ve happened without Dino and probably will never happen again without a relationship A multi year SEC starting tackle?, come on.

How many Koda Martins are grad transfers this year? Zero.

And let’s be honest, that never would’ve happened without Dino and probably will never happen again without a relationship A multi year SEC starting tackle?, come on.

Yeah I mean how many SEC Starting tackles are grad transfers this year, let alone grad transfers with his situation (Father/Dino's daughter).

If people are expecting that to be replicated every year, then they're going to be disappointed.

How many SEC starting Left Tackles transfer every year? Koda Martin fell into our lap, don’t make a transfer like him the expectation.

EDIT: Seems other people had a similar response.

I have no inside info but he’s committed. Maybe he’s truly committed, maybe he got a hard sell and won’t be as committed in a few days. He hasn’t signed anything yet so who knows what will happen. Maybe we still have a shot, maybe not but I won’t be surprised if we still pursue him a little.