Class of 2015 - OT: Some scary news I'd like to share | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OT: Some scary news I'd like to share

Thanks so much for posting this. I've actually been struggling with increased congestion and migraines for the past 6 months, and after reading about your diagnosis, I'm going to call and schedule an appointment to get checked myself. I've just grown tired of dealing with the migraines and I'm pretty sure it's related to my sinuses.

Hope it all works out for you. At a minimum, you should get a much better quality of life once the procedure is complete.

Let me start off this post by saying the SyracuseFan board is almost like a second family. For the past couple of years; I've met board members at tailgates, kept in touch with people via phone/text/twitter/private messages, and really gotten to know some quality individuals. As I've gotten to know so many people (mostly from the football side of things) - I wanted to post this on the Football page and Football Recruiting page.

Since moving to North Carolina, I had developed some problems I thought were just to be allergies. Everyone I came in contact with said humidity and pollen in North Carolina can make your allergies go crazy. I was constantly congested, developed sinus infections every couple of months, and really hard a hard time breathing from my nose when working out. I then started having horrible migraines that would completely knock me out for a good amount of time. After being too stubborn to go to the doctors, I finally forced myself to go and was met with some scary news.

Scans have shown I currently have a tumor blocking around 90% of my sinus cavity on my right side. The tumor is far enough up into my sinus/near the brain, to where the doctors believe that is what is causing the migraines. When the word tumor was used, I think my mind went blank for a couple of minutes, but came back around to ask questions and get information. My doctor does not think it's cancerous, as the bone structure is not showing any damage through the scans, but they will have to biopsy the tumor to make sure once it is removed. I am currently in the process of setting up surgery to have it removed - it will most likely be in February at some point.

I went back and forth at making a post like this, but thought this would be easier than sending around PMs to everyone that I communicate with on a regular basis. Things will be just fine - I have faith. After mulling it over all weekend (with the help of some scotch on Saturday night), I'm in much better spirits than I was over the weekend. I suppose there are a lot of people out there who have it worse than I do, so I'm going to be grateful for what I have. I'll keep providing recruiting analysis and hopefully interviews to come as well over at .com, but obviously that will stop as I recover from surgery. If you're a believer, say some words to the main upstairs for me. I'll greatly appreciate it.

As always - LGO.
I am a believer and you can count on it tonight.

Praying for you Justin.

I am not too worried though, you are a tough mother f*cker who has a lot of work left to do impacting young peoples lives as a football coach.

All the confidence in the world you are going to be fine and getting to see you again next year at the tailgate in North Carolina!

It sounds like your in Western N.C. and that is where I am. Would love to communicate with you and, also, be of any assistance in any way possible. Let me know and I'll get you my Email or phone number. Best wishes to you in any event.

Sorry to hear this JackBauer44 but sounds to me like it's merely a slap in the face by life to scare you into appreciating everyday.

Will definitely hold a good thought for you and I look forward to reading more of your tremendous contributions on this site
#HardNosed

Let me start off this post by saying the SyracuseFan board is almost like a second family. For the past couple of years; I've met board members at tailgates, kept in touch with people via phone/text/twitter/private messages, and really gotten to know some quality individuals. As I've gotten to know so many people (mostly from the football side of things) - I wanted to post this on the Football page and Football Recruiting page.

Since moving to North Carolina, I had developed some problems I thought were just to be allergies. Everyone I came in contact with said humidity and pollen in North Carolina can make your allergies go crazy. I was constantly congested, developed sinus infections every couple of months, and really hard a hard time breathing from my nose when working out. I then started having horrible migraines that would completely knock me out for a good amount of time. After being too stubborn to go to the doctors, I finally forced myself to go and was met with some scary news.

Scans have shown I currently have a tumor blocking around 90% of my sinus cavity on my right side. The tumor is far enough up into my sinus/near the brain, to where the doctors believe that is what is causing the migraines. When the word tumor was used, I think my mind went blank for a couple of minutes, but came back around to ask questions and get information. My doctor does not think it's cancerous, as the bone structure is not showing any damage through the scans, but they will have to biopsy the tumor to make sure once it is removed. I am currently in the process of setting up surgery to have it removed - it will most likely be in February at some point.

I went back and forth at making a post like this, but thought this would be easier than sending around PMs to everyone that I communicate with on a regular basis. Things will be just fine - I have faith. After mulling it over all weekend (with the help of some scotch on Saturday night), I'm in much better spirits than I was over the weekend. I suppose there are a lot of people out there who have it worse than I do, so I'm going to be grateful for what I have. I'll keep providing recruiting analysis and hopefully interviews to come as well over at .com, but obviously that will stop as I recover from surgery. If you're a believer, say some words to the main upstairs for me. I'll greatly appreciate it.

As always - LGO.
Please know that you will be in my prayers. If you live in NC i suggest the Duke medical center gosh forbid you have something that is very difficult i would go to the Mayo clinic in Rochester MN. They are miracle workers there. Best of luck to you.

Jack, I am including you in my thoughts and prayers for a positive surgery and quick healing.
Your regular presence here will be missed while you are in rehab. after your surgery.

JackBauer44 - Justin, just wanted to check in on you man. Hoping you've been able to successfully put all this behind you! Let us know if your Syracuse family can help in any way.

You're knowledge regarding the football recruiting is my favorite part of this site bro

Thank you so much for the kind words! My surgery was schedule for the beginning of March in Raleigh, NC - but with my hiring here to coach in Indiana at the college level - I had to push the surgery back. I've been meeting monthly with an ENT here who has had me on steroids for the past month which hasn't seemed to help too much. As of now - I am scheduled for surgery in June to have the tumor removed! Your thoughts and kind words are more than enough. Another reason why I love this community.

Thank you so much for the kind words! My surgery was schedule for the beginning of March in Raleigh, NC - but with my hiring here to coach in Indiana at the college level - I had to push the surgery back. I've been meeting monthly with an ENT here who has had me on steroids for the past month which hasn't seemed to help too much. As of now - I am scheduled for surgery in June to have the tumor removed! Your thoughts and kind words are more than enough. Another reason why I love this community.
Justin - I'm a new member here but have been following it for a couple years. I just wanted to let you know that this forum kept me going a year ago when I went through a tough time (along with a lot of prayers and support). I'm here to tell you that you can beat it!! It may take time, toughness and faith, but there are great doctors out there and a ton of people supporting you! Hang in there!

JackBauer44 said:

Justin, check the Orangeyes Open thread. Play in the foursome with me, DCCuse, and Marsh01 and we will drink that God forsaken tumor right out of your body.

You're in my prayers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom