OT: Spring game crowds | Syracusefan.com

OT: Spring game crowds

TexanMark said:
insane these schools get 60k+ for ugly scrimmages.

And that it has become the newest thing for rating fanbases. Stewart Mandel yesterday saying he can't believe FSU only had 36,000 people at their spring game.

If you want to go to a spring game, great. God knows I've had my share of fun at a few of them. But if you want to do something else with your free time on a beautiful spring Saturday, it's worth judging?

Part of what bothers me is that the kids expect a crowd for the game. We don't need a full house but 10,000 in the seats or at least 5000 would be nice. Maybe they should do it at Coyne field - though I'm not sure what's going on over there. It almost seems embarrassing for any recruits who come to this 'event'

I agree with part of the thoughts, it's just a practice it is what it is. But those are the same thoughts that limit attendance in the fall. If people are interested and excited about supporting SU football they'll do it in the spring and they'll do it in the fall, no matter the opponent

CU had 33K for theirs...They are trying to turn it into a recruiting tool. We had about 120 prospects
on campus for '15 '16 '17 and even a couple for '18. The Alabama schools are insane for this stuff.

The two houses across the street from me are uga fans. They both had their flags up yesterday and took their kids to the game.

It's appreciated for being a confortable, family friendly way to get their kids up close experience with the program. I get the ridiculousness of the massive spring game, but it is a unique deal for folks who really can't/shouldn't do gameday with their kids during the season

CU had 33K for theirs...They are trying to turn it into a recruiting tool. We had about 120 prospects
on campus for '15 '16 '17 and even a couple for '18. The Alabama schools are insane for this stuff.

Colorado?

It's a phallic thing.
Yup & presumably recruits are impressed by it all, I know I would be. Why wouldn't you want to go to a school where you have 50K+ fans show up for a meaningless game? I'm surprised by the 18K in attendance for LSU's game - obviously a program going downhill fast! Here's an article on the dueling spring games in Alabama.
linky
p.s. also included in the Who's Got The Biggest Phallus? Contest is which network is televising the game. ESPN great - ESPNU o.k. - ESPN3 meh

Look at his avatar--->Clemson
embarrassed+monkey.jpg

Why isn't the game on the athletic site for a modest fee?b Oh,thats right it would expose the program's secrets and cause losses in the regular season.

I thought it was going to be broadcast on ESPN3... that is what I heard. Am I wrong?

CuseOnly said:
I thought it was going to be broadcast on ESPN3... that is what I heard. Am I wrong?
It is. Perk of being in the ACC.

Yup & presumably recruits are impressed by it all, I know I would be. Why wouldn't you want to go to a school where you have 50K+ fans show up for a meaningless game? I'm surprised by the 18K in attendance for LSU's game - obviously a program going downhill fast! Here's an article on the dueling spring games in Alabama.
linky
p.s. also included in the Who's Got The Biggest Phallus? Contest is which network is televising the game. ESPN great - ESPNU o.k. - ESPN3 meh

I can see why recruits would like it and they also like shiny things in locker rooms as well which is how the recruiting game can be played.

I think it's great that a lot of people turn out for these spring games, it's the measuring thing once the games are over that gets annoying.

They need to make it more interesting - like have Scott Shafer wrestle a bear at halftime or use live tigers as defensive backs.

I can see why recruits would like it and they also like shiny things in locker rooms as well which is how the recruiting game can be played.

I think it's great that a lot of people turn out for these spring games, it's the measuring thing once the games are over that gets annoying.
I loved going to the spring games in order to see the "new guys" in town that are being given a chance to jump up in the depth chart. I know the biggest jump happens in the fall after the S&C has taken effect and the heavy hitting begins once again. Every once in a while we get to see a moment of "future"impact players ad thats fun and encouraging.

How many are going? 10 000? I'm not because I do not feel like driving all that way for a scrimmage. Maybe I'll start my gardening (the spring version of raking leaves)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom