OT: Stay safe, everyone in or near OKC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Stay safe, everyone in or near OKC

OU is apparently opening up its dorms to take in those who have lost their homes in the destruction. Very classy move by them.

Boomer Sooner.

truly broken hearted- as a animal lover and growing up handling and caring for horses a close friend of mine lost both her animals to this storm- it also appears she is going to lose her mom who is in critical condition- all three were family members to her- i pray for her and all the others suffering.

When all is said and done this will be deemed an F5 and stronger than 99.. just awful .. the children , families, pets truly broken hearted for all these people.. the last few years between the natural events and shootings etc- wow

so it looks like my friends mom might make it! a small glimmer of hope in such a devastating situation.. outside of that - not so much

so it looks like my friends mom might make it! a small glimmer of hope in such a devastating situation.. outside of that - not so much

Very glad to hear that. Too much bad/sad news in the world these days.

Just volunteered to chaperone my son's field trip this Thursday. Something about the world these days makes me realize I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to be there with him.

Just volunteered to chaperone my son's field trip this Thursday. Something about the world these days makes me realize I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to be there with him.

So true - there is that ultimate feeling of the need to simply " live " and enjoy the time we can for any moment could change everything. It doesn't take a scientist or psychologist to figure out as a whole we are in a pattern of instability whether human or environmental. Im just now praying for all who are still fighting to keep doing so.. let there be more late rescues than late recoveries...

I feel and more importantly, walk the same way. Here in NJ, so many parents drop their kids off at these birthday parties at gym-related birthday places. Always one or two kids get injured, and my wife and I can't believe they walk out to run errands!

We're always there and I've probably missed more work days for school functions, in school bday party, etc and so glad I do it. Not to mention, you know who the first "kid" in the ball pit is, right? Only me and one other dad are such clowns, but as I said, a child through and through.

I feel and more importantly, walk the same way. Here in NJ, so many parents drop their kids off at these birthday parties at gym-related birthday places. Always one or two kids get injured, and my wife and I can't believe they walk out to run errands!

We're always there and I've probably missed more work days for school functions, in school bday party, etc and so glad I do it. Not to mention, you know who the first "kid" in the ball pit is, right? Only me and one other dad are such clowns, but as I said, a child through and through.

Right there with you my friend. I'm always, and will always be, the dad who actually plays. I'm the one who jumps into the game of knockout on the playground every time.

We are going to the Montshire Museum, which is always great.

Right there with you my friend. I'm always, and will always be, the dad who actually plays. I'm the one who jumps into the game of knockout on the playground every time.

We are going to the Montshire Museum, which is always great.
I knew you would be somehow. :)
Just checked out the museum. Yep, right up our alley, we have a few good ones in NJ and Queens that we've been to a few times. Always a blast.

Just wanted to share some good news with Jek and the gang.
Per this link.
Fatality count lowered from 51 to 24.
"At one point, an estimated 24 children were missing from the school, but some later turned up at nearby churches."
That last quote is the one I was hoping and praying for.

I knew you would be somehow. :)
Just checked out the museum. Yep, right up our alley, we have a few good ones in NJ and Queens that we've been to a few times. Always a blast.

Just wanted to share some good news with Jek and the gang.
Per this link.
Fatality count lowered from 51 to 24.
"At one point, an estimated 24 children were missing from the school, but some later turned up at nearby churches."
That last quote is the one I was hoping and praying for.

That is unbelievably good news. Thanks for sharing.