OT: Stay safe, everyone in or near OKC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Stay safe, everyone in or near OKC

Keep us posted as to your safety, please.
I hope you and everyone you know are doing well.
Appreciated man. My wife's grandmother lives across the Red River up in Oklahoma, so we are certainly going to be hoping the tornadoes avoid her area. The tornado that a storm chaser said was heading to Ardmore would likely have to go through her small town to get there, thankfully nothing seemed to come of that particular tornado.

Honestly there are parts of the country that I just would not want to live in just because of these kind of weather disasters.

Lived for a year in a development just south of Kansas City as a young kid. My dad was in the Air Force. The thunderstorms were fierce. Two years after my dad was transferred to the northeast a tornado hit the development where we had been living...Ruskin Heights.

I remember seeing the news reports while watching the Today Show. Totally wiped out the high school where my brother had attended. A number of people were killed.

Like moqui I'm basically not religious...but mojo and prayers are going out to those people in Oklahoma. Unreal.

Jek...I hope you've got a basement or storm cellar.

The amount of devastating weather all over the country in the last few years is unbelievable. Stay safe everyone.

Honestly there are parts of the country that I just would not want to live in just because of these kind of weather disasters.

Lived for a year in a development just south of Kansas City as a young kid. My dad was in the Air Force. The thunderstorms were fierce. Two years after my dad was transferred to the northeast a tornado hit the development where we had been living...Ruskin Heights.

I remember seeing the news reports while watching the Today Show. Totally wiped out the high school where my brother had attended. A number of people we killed.

Like moqui I'm basically not religious...but mojo and prayers are going out to those people in Oklahoma. Unreal.

Jek...I hope you've got a basement or storm cellar.
I actually do not have a basement or storm cellar. However, I was thinking about it and the college where I work has a basement in my building with an underground racquetball court where we could go if needed, since I only live about 2 miles from campus.

Appreciated man. My wife's grandmother lives across the Red River up in Oklahoma, so we are certainly going to be hoping the tornadoes avoid her area. The tornado that a storm chaser said was heading to Ardmore would likely have to go through her small town to get there, thankfully nothing seemed to come of that particular tornado.
Sending huge prayers OKC and the area's way. It was reported to be at least an EF-4.

the college where I work has a basement in my building with an underground racquetball court where we could go if needed, since I only live about 2 miles from campus.
unzip your jacket & let the wind catch it, you could be there in 30 seconds

I actually do not have a basement or storm cellar. However, I was thinking about it and the college where I work has a basement in my building with an underground racquetball court where we could go if needed, since I only live about 2 miles from campus.
Go only if you can only get there quickly, and that you know it's accessible to you now under the circumstances.

unzip your jacket & let the wind catch it, you could be there in 30 seconds
I'll just tell my wife and 2 year old to hold my legs and it'll save us gas.

6 deaths so far, as Wolf Blitzer tells me. No clue yet if any of those are the children trapped in Plaza Towers Elementary. God, I hope not. Every life is precious and matters, I know, but I don't want to hear about 3rd graders being killed in this devastation.

6 deaths so far, as Wolf Blitzer tells me. No clue yet if any of those are the children trapped in Plaza Towers Elementary. God, I hope not. Every life is precious and matters, I know, but I don't want to hear about 3rd graders being killed in this devastation.

the thought of a child in terror, crying for his/her mommy or daddy, shakes me to my core

Annnnd I just learned that my wife went to photography school in Moore back in the early 2000s. Not particularly relevant now other than "what a small world" thing. I didn't realize Moore was the town where she did her photography stuff.

the thought of a child in terror, crying for his/her mommy or daddy, shakes me to my core

One of a parents worst fears.

Sent using my Commodore 64

My roommate (well, ex roommate) lives in Tulsa, about an hour and a half northeast of okc. He's preparing for the worst. Gets tornado warnings a lot.

My roommate (well, ex roommate) lives in Tulsa, about an hour and a half northeast of okc. He's preparing for the worst. Gets tornado warnings a lot.
I hope he's keeping safe and has a storm shelter nearby.

It's tough to hear them cry for you when they are hurt, can't imagine the feeling if I couldn't be there to help or do anything about it.

Lots of thoughts and prayers going out from my house

terrible news . . . officials now say that Plaza Tower Elementary is no longer a rescue mission . . . it is now a recovery mission.

seven children confirmed dead; at least 30 missing.

god bless those kids and their families.

terrible news . . . officials now say that Plaza Tower Elementary is no longer a rescue mission . . . it is now a recovery mission.

Prayers to those kids, that some of them are breathing and surviving somewhere in there.
Please let there be a few more that survive.

I hate to hear this kind of stuff.

I cannot even fathom losing one of my children. The sheer thought of it unnerves me. Prayers to those families.

Apparently there are now 51 confirmed dead. For perspective, the tornado that hit Moore in 1999, which set a record with 320 MPH winds, killed 36 in all. Unbelievable.

This just makes a person feel ill.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Apparently there are now 51 confirmed dead. For perspective, the tornado that hit Moore in 1999, which set a record with 320 MPH winds, killed 36 in all. Unbelievable.

And supposedly they had better prepared the area for future tornados when they rebuilt after 1999. At least the warning time increased. They had 16 minutes to get to shelter. That's a lot of time considering the chaos. I am so heartbroken about those kids. I was flying out to the West Coast and watching events unfold on the plane's TV. Such a helpless feeling.

The amount of devastating weather all over the country in the last few years is unbelievable. Stay safe everyone.[/quote but theres no global warming