OT - Syracuse Gear "Swap Meet" Thread | Syracusefan.com

OT - Syracuse Gear "Swap Meet" Thread

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
So, I'm not sure how this is going to go over or if it would even warrant any responses... but with some of the other threads I've posted in the past I've shared my love of specific items of Syracuse related gear. I'm pretty picky about size fit too, so that limits some of my options.

I'm wondering if there's any interest in having this thread as something of a swap meet for Syracuse items, where posters can post desired items and others can respond with if they have it and if they'd be open to selling or swapping in some way. Again, I know this would crash and burn but worth a shot... here's the items I'm currently looking for
thumb.aspx
in size Large
nike-college-champ-drive-av15-pullover-hoodie-men-s-syracuse-orange-dark-grey-h-1556-500x500_0.jpg
in size XL
thumb.aspx
I own this hoodie in XL currently but would prefer the Large

I just wanted to share this... I just got one of these in the mail yesterday... it's truly amazing
download.jpeg

I was looking for some pictures to post of the jacket and I saw that there was a thread from Dan (Orangeyes) 4 years ago about the same jacket, I thought it was kind of a cool throwback moment in remembrance of him (even though I never had the chance to meet him)
Syracuse Satin Destroyer jacket by Nike MSRP $200 now at clearance for $25

Let me know if you have any of the items I listed or maybe are looking for one or two things yourself

Last edited:
thumb.aspx
in size Large
110915_S_A4_RileyBunch_SP.jpg

4 or 5 years ago the men's soccer team sold some of these orange and blue hoop jerseys... at the time I hesitated to act and missed the opportunity. A couple of times I've contacted the soccer team since and they have not done something similar again. If you made the purchase at the time and have the jersey in size Large I'd be very interested

I bought one of those orange Nike jackets more than 5 years ago from Nike outlet for $25. I then had the basketball team sign it after a game. Rakeem was the first to sign it and just before he does he asks me “you sure you want me to sign this? This shits nice”.

I have both of the items shown below in size XL. Both are in really excellent shape, but my preference is to have them in size Large (they cannot currently be found in size Large on the internet... believe me, I've tried). I am willing to trade either of these XL items with you for your same item in size Large (as long as the condition is good), as well as covering shipment costs for both of us and I'll throw some additional bucks on top of that for making the trade. If you have a Large and interested in trading for my XL with some additional incentives, please let me know! Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 2.34.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 2.34.30 PM.png

Yes "Syracuse Swag" thread somewhere in here would be nice...

Somewhere in my parents’ house is one of those ridiculous giant velour warm up suits they wore that year
This logo goes back to 1996. It was introduced on the first non-script jersey. We went to the finals that year too, so I have mixed feelings about it.

Has anyone seen the gray Nike “Orange” hoodie that a few of the staff are wearing for sale anywhere, either online or storefront? I have the blue one in XL (still looking for a Large), but would love the gray too. I’ve never seen them for sale anywhere. Thanks!

P.S. if you have the gray hoodie in Large or XL I’ll trade it for my blue one straight up and cover the shipping for both items

thumb.aspx
in size Large

4 or 5 years ago the men's soccer team sold some of these orange and blue hoop jerseys... at the time I hesitated to act and missed the opportunity. A couple of times I've contacted the soccer team since and they have not done something similar again. If you made the purchase at the time and have the jersey in size Large I'd be very interested

Just found this in a size large in my closet, I ordered wheat the soccer team had the sale. The custom number is 44. If you’re still looking and want to talk a possible swap, let me know.

Just found this in a size large in my closet, I ordered wheat the soccer team had the sale. The custom number is 44. If you’re still looking and want to talk a possible swap, let me know.
I’ll message you. Great find!

I was able to finally track down and order this hoodie (from my original post) in size XL online. It should be here in a couple of days, pretty excited about it. Nothing better than having some gear with the Syracuse cursive script on it!

I was able to finally track down and order this hoodie (from my original post) in size XL online. It should be here in a couple of days, pretty excited about it. Nothing better than having some gear with the Syracuse cursive script on it!
View attachment 165955

There might be more script Syracuse gear available in a week or two...

thumb.aspx
in size Large

I hesitated as well. They were raising money for the team and offered kits with a number of your choice ironed on. I've asked if they'd do this again with no response. I can't do the champion branded jersey sold in the bookstore. I need a Nike one.

The first official Syracusefan.com Swap Meet trade has been completed!

I received the long wanted/desired Syracuse Nike soccer jersey (love the 44 number choice too!)

JackBauer44 received a brand new Syracuse Script Nike basketball hoodie

Swap Meet high fives all around! Go Orange (gear)!

I'm not a football jersey guy, but I saw this on eBay and I thought it might grab one of your interest's... not sure if it's rare or hard to come by, but I like the look of it. $49.99

Came across this Homage Otto's Army T-Shirt on eBay, honestly, if it was a large I'd have snatched it up already... if you're a medium, I'd say you're a bolder human than I to pass on it!

With a little lull in the sports action, I want it take it back to the perpetual gear search for a second. As I look back, It's been pretty cool that I've been able to pick up a few of the items I was looking for in the first post I shared in this thread (finds include a Syracuse Nike Soccer Jersey & the Nike Navy "Orange" hoodie in Large). However, the search continues...

I'm still looking for this specific Nike Orange quarter-zip pullover, it's genuinely one of my favorite Syracuse Nike items I own. The XL fits me okay, but I think a Large might just be perfect for me. If you have a Large in this item and it's in decent good shape, here's what I'll "swap"you for: I will trade you this XL, pay the shipping cost on both items & slide over a few additional $ on it as well. Something to consider!
1576470253580.png

I'm still on the hunt for this jacket/pullover in size Large. If you have this item in Large and want to trade, or have a lead on where I could find it, I'd love to dialogue with you about it. Thanks!
1576470282131.png

Phew, thought this was a Chip and Milly special (swap meat thread).

I bought this from Manny's for my dad for Christmas since he graduated in the class of '59. I bought an XL, I should have gotten a L, which are now out of stock at Manny's. Does anyone have a L they'd like to swap for an XL?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.40.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.40.56 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 349
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.40.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.40.56 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 332

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824