OT: Syracuse Lacrosse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse Lacrosse

Don't forget about Quinn and Seebold who are also coming in next year along with Dordevic from Oregon. A lot of high end offensive players in the next three classes. Not to mention getting Gale Thorpe back from his ACL injury.
No doubt. Just highlighting the Canadiens for our fellow Canuck.

Never been a fan of firing Desko but there were some dark days with our struggles at the X in 2013 and 2014 despite having two very good teams. Only one final four appearance since 2009 despite some very talented teams has definitely been disappointing and the program has underachieved for sure. A lot of that has to do with early tourney exits versus lack of success in the regular season, would be great to make a sustained run this year after the three years have ended by the quarter finals or earlier. Again I don't think hes on the hot seat but a few more year without a final four and the seat will start to get warm.

I understand the problems they had at the X but the bottom line is the guys wins and wins alot. With the talent they have and our bringing in, I'm fairly confident they will make it to memorial Day weekend sooner rather than later. I'm guessing his seat is not even close to warm with the current administration due to his accomplishments but who knows.

I'm probably a fairweather SU lacrosse fan. I'll follow them when they're top 5 in the country, and I always watch the playoffs. I went to school at SU Lacrosse's biggest rival, and I always rooted for SU in those matchups. I always wore Orange SU gear all over campus and talked more than my fair share of trash talk when SU beat my school in the national championship.

I root for us because it's Syracuse and I want us to do well and glad we are, but I grew up playing soccer so I do follow that program more than I do the lacrosse program.

Haha. Too many insane posters over there wanting Desko run out of town for his "mild success". I get it that he hasn't won a championship since 09, I believe (Cornell), but so much parity in the game today. Not too mention his tourney winning percentage is amazing and he is a good man. I imagine the Desk must go crowd wants a Petro on the sideline screaming at his players and the refs.
I was walking home one night and a black SUV pulled up next to me and rolled down the window and asked if I needed a lift home. It was Petro. True story.

It's great theater. Desko saves his bacon every Saturday!

It's great theater. Desko saves his bacon every Saturday!
Yes I'm sure the AD and Board is chomping at the bit to fire one of the most successful lacrosse coaches in the history of college lacrosse.

Yes I'm sure the AD and Board is chomping at the bit to fire one of the most successful lacrosse coaches in the history of college lacrosse.
Desko is not untouchable. They will fire him if the program starts to fall off and miss the playoffs for a few consecutive seasons. He should get the Dom Starsia treatment, both similar coaches in terms of success and when you look at their resume's. Starsia was fired.

Desko is not untouchable. They will fire him if the program starts to fall off and miss the playoffs for a few consecutive seasons. He should get the Dom Starsia treatment, both similar coaches in terms of success and when you look at their resume's. Starsia was fired.

I didn't say that he was untouchable. He has not been missing the playoffs though. He has missed the tournament once I believe. I guess you can speculate what would happen if he missed the tournament in a few consecutive seasons but I really don't see that happening. I get the frustration with no title since 09 but so much more parity.

Cuse Lax should have an all black uniform in the wardrobe for such occasions as playing No.1 ND on the road . Get some swagger back.

Cuse Lax should have an all black uniform in the wardrobe for such occasions as playing No.1 ND on the road . Get some swagger back.

Please no. The lax uni's haven't yet been destroyed by Nike, no reason to give them that opportunity.

They could just wear black suits on the road like the Knicks did in the playoffs a few years ago. You know, for the "Celtics funeral." That worked out well. Oh, wait...

Please no. The lax uni's haven't yet been destroyed by Nike, no reason to give them that opportunity.

They could just wear black suits on the road like the Knicks did in the playoffs a few years ago. You know, for the "Celtics funeral." That worked out well. Oh, wait...
The kids would like it.

All black? NO

Now the throwbacks they wore against UVA were real nice.

All black? NO

Now the throwbacks they wore against UVA were real nice.
I liked the throwbacks. I like the all blue for this week. I think if they wore the black uni's once, it would be cool. Pewter metallic helmets and shoes, just some bling for marketing value.

We don't have black uniforms.

And the all Blues are the ugliest things imaginable.

Photo Galleries
I have followed lax for a long time and I wish it was more popular. A shot clock would help immensely . I'm not hung up on traditional uni's, but I understand a lot of people like that.

I have followed lax for a long time and I wish it was more popular. A shot clock would help immensely . I'm not hung up on traditional uni's, but I understand a lot of people like that.
Are you trolling here? They have a shot clock in college lacrosse now.

WLAX has a shot clock.

MLAX has a timer which is controlled at the referees discretion.

I

It's a 30 second shot clock put on at refs discretion. It's helped.
That ref discretion clock use is very haphazard. Can't understand why no just have a 40 second shot clock.

I liked the throwbacks. I like the all blue for this week. I think if they wore the black uni's once, it would be cool. Pewter metallic helmets and shoes, just some bling for marketing value.
I remember a time when SU was referred to as the lacrosse version of the vintage Oakland Raiders, so maybe those uniforms would be apropos.

seems to complicated for me. why not a simple shot clock? seriously is there something wrong with that. i am not being sarcastic

syracuse had 4 stall warnings today. irish zero. that said the whole shot clock idea is unpalatable to me.
stop messing with a great game already just to please a few ADHD videohyperhypnotised gamer fans. chill.

(shouldn't this whole thread have been rerouted by now ?) games over.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom