OT: Texas Tech May Cancel Texas State Game Rather Than Play on Longhorn Network | Syracusefan.com

OT: Texas Tech May Cancel Texas State Game Rather Than Play on Longhorn Network

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Found this pretty funny.

The Big 12 is stable, though the Longhorn Network issue isn’t going away. Texas Tech was told its Sept. 8 visit to Texas State would be played on “an ESPN platform.” After being informed said ESPN platform might be the Longhorn Network, Texas Techofficials were not pleased. They may buy out the game rather than appear on the network.
Tech learned of this possibility several days ago, and according to the source, is “adamantly opposed to playing on the Longhorn Network” and is “putting serious consideration into canceling the game and playing an 11 game schedule” this fall.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...te-game-rather-than-play-on-longhorn-network/

thats awesome.

rather play 11 games then have the game aired on lhn...just wow.

how will that fly in tallahassee?? i can see it now, florida st @ iowa st at 11am on LHN.

:rolling:

Or Notre Dame. First half shown on NBC...second half on LongHorn Network.

I hope this is posted at the warchant forum.

edit: looks like someone did and it pretty much got ignored.

Is that the solution? They went from thinking they were going to be on an ESPN network to realizing they'd be making money for their competition on the LHN to not being broadcast at all. Everyone's fine with that?

If I recall, the Bevo 12 TV deal still pays out in part based on on TV appearances. If so, your analysis brings about a serious issue of collusion/extortion and a serious conflict of interest from ESPN, UT and the LHN. Not to worry, the Bevo 12 will support UT/LHN over another member not named Oklahoma.

Didn't TTech refuse to take a $1MM payday to play on the LHN last season? The rumor was $1MM, I'm to lazy to find it, but the link shows last season TTech rejected a gome on the LHN.

http://amarillo.com/blog-post/jon-mark-beilue/2011-08-08/tech-says-no-longhorn-network

Looks like this has started to raise some "hmmmm, maybe I didn't think this out as well as I thought" comments on warchant.com.