OT - The Thug Artest only gets a 7 game suspension.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - The Thug Artest only gets a 7 game suspension..

harden flopping on an "elbow" in last year's playoffs. he seems to have a knack for getting in guy's way. are we sure he didnt go to duke? (and no im not saying he flopped with artest)

The last game between them in Ok. City Harden was doing the same thing. Only he did it to Kobe and added some in your face trash talk, Ron stepped in and pushed him away from Kobe and Ron got a T. That's his move. The 'get in your way' and make it look like he's not BS.

Now, no way in hell did he deserve a full speed flying elbow. But Harden has been pushing it for awhile. He's like KG. Antagonizes. Don't think this incident didn't also stem from him doing that many times before. That's his thing and he bit off more than he could chew with crazy ass Ron Artest. It's pretty much an unwritten NBA rule that you avoid conflict with Mr. Peace.

In no way do I defend Artest. But mess with the bull... Harden knew exactly what he was doing and I say this because he's known for it. He's a gnat. 7 games is fair, esp. considering they are playoff games. And yes, the NBA favors the Lakers. That's why they vetoed a perfectly acceptable Chris Paul trade which sent the NO franchise to one of the worst records in NBA history. And when Eric Gordon doesn't re-sign (which he hasn't), they will have traded Chris Paul for... nothing! That dude from Wake Forrest and Kamen who they will ditch this summer. What a joke.

Also, what Ron did was awful. But the outrage is ridiculous. The Mailman knocked David Robinson out with an elbow to the back of the head and didn't even get a foul called. And ripped Issiah's face open. McHale clotheslining Rambis? The Detroit bad boy era? I'm not defending it, but it also wasnt as heinous a crime as it's being portrayed.

bingo. awful what he did, but not this criminal act that deserves a 50 game suspension or whatever. or to be kicked out of the league like some people have said lol. malone's elbow gave isiah 50 stitches or something ridiculous like that. or how bout when robert parrish unloaded on bill laimbeer. check out highlights from the '84 finals between lakers-celtics, guys were body slamming each other. or in the case of mchale, sometimes clotheslining each other lol our boy derrick coleman was involved in a few incidents at the cuse, unloading absolute haymakers to anyone who was near him.

bingo. awful what he did, but not this criminal act that deserves a 50 game suspension or whatever. or to be kicked out of the league like some people have said lol. malone's elbow gave isiah 50 stitches or something ridiculous like that. or how bout when robert parrish unloaded on bill laimbeer. check out highlights from the '84 finals between lakers-celtics, guys were body slamming each other. or in the case of mchale, sometimes clotheslining each other lol our boy derrick coleman was involved in a few incidents at the cuse, unloading absolute haymakers to anyone who was near him.

You should just take that line of reasoning all the way and point out that since Artest didn't go all Kermit Washington on Harden, what's all the fuss about?

I think the guy should be suspended for 20-25 games. That elbow had nothing to do with the play on the floor and could have seriously hurt Harden. Guys got away with a lot of physical stuff in the 80's and before, but I don't think that is an excuse.

Obviously that is just an opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but if I were running the league I don't want stuff like that happening and I'm willing to oversuspend someone if need be.

Ron has a shot at becoming the first NBA player to ever have to be Tasered on the court.