OT: this is the worst nba finals i can think of | Syracusefan.com

OT: this is the worst nba finals i can think of

orangehomer

All American
the heat are hard to watch, they are a drive and kick 3-point shooting team. LeBron is the least enjoyable to watch megastar to ever play any sport. wade is the second least enjoyable to watch, but it doesn't matter because he is finished. chris bosh is ok.

the spurs are hard to watch, they are a team of role players and old stars. tim Duncan is done. I hate to say it because I love the guy but he is a shadow of himself. parker is a weirdo, and ginobili is done too, the rest of the spurs are ok players.

this is the worst finals I can think of in terms of the quality of the games. terrible.

I disagree about most of your post, but agree about Wade. His whole game now is flopping, jumping into people, grabbing guys uniforms where the refs can't see it

the heat are hard to watch, they are a drive and kick 3-point shooting team. LeBron is the least enjoyable to watch megastar to ever play any sport. wade is the second least enjoyable to watch, but it doesn't matter because he is finished. chris bosh is ok.

the spurs are hard to watch, they are a team of role players and old stars. tim Duncan is done. I hate to say it because I love the guy but he is a shadow of himself. parker is a weirdo, and ginobili is done too, the rest of the spurs are ok players.

this is the worst finals I can think of in terms of the quality of the games. terrible.

Couldn't agree more. LeBron is painful to watch. Boring.

Last edited:
orangehomer said:
the heat are hard to watch, they are a drive and kick 3-point shooting team. LeBron is the least enjoyable to watch megastar to ever play any sport. wade is the second least enjoyable to watch, but it doesn't matter because he is finished. chris bosh is ok. the spurs are hard to watch, they are a team of role players and old stars. tim Duncan is done. I hate to say it because I love the guy but he is a shadow of himself. parker is a weirdo, and ginobili is done too, the rest of the spurs are ok players. this is the worst finals I can think of in terms of the quality of the games. terrible.

I can't imagine you even enjoy the game of basketball if these opinions are real. If Lebron James is not enjoyable to watch basketball may not be your sport of choice. What could he do to make his game easier on your eyes? Suck more?

I disagree about most of your post, but agree about Wade. His whole game now is flopping, jumping into people, grabbing guys uniforms where the refs can't see it

That what really bugs me about the NBA and sometimes I can't the difference between the NBA and pro wrestling. Lots of acting, grabbing and fake showmanship.

me thinks trolling was the intent.

this is a great series played by two really good teams with very different styles.

lebron gets more hate than any superlative athlete for no reason I can think of...because he left cleveland? its not like he didnt play out his contract. its not like he didnt make them relevant...

duncan is done? what are you watching?

me thinks trolling was the intent.

this is a great series played by two really good teams with very different styles.

lebron gets more hate than any superlative athlete for no reason I can think of...because he left cleveland? its not like he didnt play out his contract. its not like he didnt make them relevant...

duncan is done? what are you watching?

undoubtedly trolling

4 finals in a row for the Heat. Spurs looking for their 5th title in 15 years. Both of these teams have left their marks and earned their places in history. Clearly the two best teams. I mean, I guess I can see wanting something different? But otherwise, this is the best possible matchup...coming off a great 7 game series last year and off to a pretty good start so far.

I could not disagree more on your assessment of the Spurs. As a Lakers fan, I've always hated/rooted against them...and even I can't do that anymore. I could see how their early 00's teams could be dismissed as "boring" because they kept the scores down. But now? They play a creative, free-flowing style with outstanding execution. I don't understand how any basketball fan could not like watching them play. Then again your criticism of Parker was he's a "weirdo"...c'mon.

As for the Heat, Lebron is the most unfairly hated athlete ever. He's way more grounded than Jordan or Kobe ever were. He's so good it's almost boring...that's about the only criticism I can see. He basically always makes the right play.

Someone explain to me how and why Mario Chalmers got minutes last night?

He's a blackhole right now and they can't afford to have a position out there that is providing them anything.

OP has to be a troll.
The first 15 minutes the Spurs played last night was probably basketball perfection, at least on the offensive end.

OP has to be a troll.
The first 15 minutes the Spurs played last night was probably basketball perfection, at least on the offensive end.

I was playing hoops myself (not nearly to the same level of perfection I can safely assure you) and didn't see the first half but we got to the bar near the end of it. Couldn't help but notice that the Heat still scored 50 in the first half. It's always interesting to me how great offensive teams (or teams just having a great night offensively) often don't feel the need to clamp down on the defensive end. And that seems to allow the other squad the ability to make their way back. Which the Heat almost did last night.

Seems like the Spurs need something fluky to happen to win (no AC - Leonard having the game of his life literally). Don't know that that can be sustained enough to take the series. Maybe, but the odds aren't in their favor.

OP has to be a troll.

And the Heat played incredible as well! That is the crazy part.

That first half of basketball is the best basketball I may have ever seen in my life.

I'm feeling pretty confident about my wager on the Spurs winning now. Miami clearly wanted Leonard to shoot as he is the Spurs weakest shooter and wanted to run Danny Green off the three point line as he is their best shooter and he still hurt them.

I was playing hoops myself (not nearly to the same level of perfection I can safely assure you) and didn't see the first half but we got to the bar near the end of it. Couldn't help but notice that the Heat still scored 50 in the first half. It's always interesting to me how great offensive teams (or teams just having a great night offensively) often don't feel the need to clamp down on the defensive end. And that seems to allow the other squad the ability to make their way back. Which the Heat almost did last night.

Seems like the Spurs need something fluky to happen to win (no AC - Leonard having the game of his life literally). Don't know that that can be sustained enough to take the series. Maybe, but the odds aren't in their favor.

Not sure how you can say the Spurs winning is a fluke. They are four free throws from being up 3-0, and they won yesterday despite getting just average games from Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, and still won by 19. It's the same team from last year, but Leonard and Green are better than their year old counterparts that took the Heat to 7.

I'm feeling pretty confident about my wager on the Spurs winning now. Miami clearly wanted Leonard to shoot as he is the Spurs weakest shooter and wanted to run Danny Green off the three point line as he is their best shooter and he still hurt them.

Not sure how you can say the Spurs winning is a fluke. They are four free throws from being up 3-0, and they won yesterday despite getting just average games from Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, and still won by 19. It's the same team from last year, but Leonard and Green are better than their year old counterparts that took the Heat to 7.

I said something fluky had to happen - much different.

I said something fluky had to happen - much different.

ehhh I'll respectfully disagree. Spurs are favored according to Vegas... What happened last night with Leonard is just how they are built.. One game Leonard could lead them, Parker, Green, Duncan, Ginobili. There parts don't look great but the sum is greater. Thats how they played all year. Drive, dish, and shoot the three. Best offensive team in the NBA.

Also the reason I think Miami is struggling is D Wade just looks gassed out there. If he was the same player he would of took over in game 1 when Lebron went out. I know hes averaging about 20 in the playoffs, but defensively he just doesn't bring it like he used to anymore. His man, which is usually Green or Ginobili are getting far to easy shots.

I have to agree, the Spurs were slightly favored, I could see either team winning but the Spurs don't need to rely on a fluke to win this series.
Definitely betting on Miami to win tomorrow

ehhh I'll respectfully disagree. Spurs are favored according to Vegas... What happened last night with Leonard is just how they are built.. One game Leonard could lead them, Parker, Green, Duncan, Ginobili. There parts don't look great but the sum is greater. Thats how they played all year. Drive, dish, and shoot the three. Best offensive team in the NBA.

Also the reason I think Miami is struggling is D Wade just looks gassed out there. If he was the same player he would of took over in game 1 when Lebron went out. I know hes averaging about 20 in the playoffs, but defensively he just doesn't bring it like he used to anymore. His man, which is usually Green or Ginobili are getting far to easy shots.

I guess what I'm saying is it took the best night of Leonard's life, literally, for that to happen. Leonard hasn't scored that many points including when he was in high school. That's not exactly something you can build a game plan around.

I guess what I'm saying is it took the best night of Leonard's life, literally, for that to happen. Leonard hasn't scored that many points including when he was in high school. That's not exactly something you can build a game plan around.

That's true, but the Spurs kicked Miami's ass last night. It's not like they won the game by the skin of their teeth.

I can't imagine you even enjoy the game of basketball if these opinions are real. If Lebron James is not enjoyable to watch basketball may not be your sport of choice. What could he do to make his game easier on your eyes? Suck more?

You have to admit, a lot of what Lebron does would have been called charges back in the 1980s. He builds up a head of steam and just runs guys over going to the hoop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom