OT: this is the worst nba finals i can think of | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: this is the worst nba finals i can think of

Also the reason I think Miami is struggling is D Wade just looks gassed out there. If he was the same player he would of took over in game 1 when Lebron went out. I know hes averaging about 20 in the playoffs, but defensively he just doesn't bring it like he used to anymore. His man, which is usually Green or Ginobili are getting far to easy shots.
Wade expends more energy making faces at the refs and his teammates than he does playing position defense.

I can see how people hate the NBA Regular season. I mean who gets excited for Bucks/Twolves on a Monday Night in January. You should be watching Big Monday instead of that, but the NBA Playoffs 2nd round on are really well played and entertaining. Much better than watching Georgia Tech play Wake Forest on a weeknight. The NBA is a much better product than it was ten years ago, especially when the best teams play each other. I used to hate watching the Spurs in the late 90's to mid ought's because they were just a grind it out defensive team that dominated the league because of Duncan and before him The Admiral. As the league changed so have the Spurs. Now they play like a college team that finds the best shot available regardless of what player is shooting. Basically if you like College bball you will love watching San Antonio play.

I was playing hoops myself (not nearly to the same level of perfection I can safely assure you) and didn't see the first half but we got to the bar near the end of it. Couldn't help but notice that the Heat still scored 50 in the first half. It's always interesting to me how great offensive teams (or teams just having a great night offensively) often don't feel the need to clamp down on the defensive end. And that seems to allow the other squad the ability to make their way back. Which the Heat almost did last night.

Seems like the Spurs need something fluky to happen to win (no AC - Leonard having the game of his life literally). Don't know that that can be sustained enough to take the series. Maybe, but the odds aren't in their favor.

Last year Green had those monster games and once Miami made him a defensive target in games 6 and 7 he disappeared.

You have to admit, a lot of what Lebron does would have been called charges back in the 1980s. He builds up a head of steam and just runs guys over going to the hoop.

What I see is most guys moving away from the freight train throwing their arms out to strip it, getting all arm and the guy still goes up strong for a dunk or an easy layup with no call. Not saying he doesn't charge, but he also doesn't get 75% of the foul calls he actually gets fouled on.

Chalmers is killing Miami right now. If Wade was healthy, I could see them benching him for Game 4, but I still think you'll see more of Cole and the Wade-Allen back-court. Heat are definitely taking a PG in this draft

the heat are hard to watch, they are a drive and kick 3-point shooting team. LeBron is the least enjoyable to watch megastar to ever play any sport. wade is the second least enjoyable to watch, but it doesn't matter because he is finished. chris bosh is ok.

the spurs are hard to watch, they are a team of role players and old stars. tim Duncan is done. I hate to say it because I love the guy but he is a shadow of himself. parker is a weirdo, and ginobili is done too, the rest of the spurs are ok players.

this is the worst finals I can think of in terms of the quality of the games. terrible.

Chalmers is a punk a$$ b!tch, Bosh is a useless, spot up 3 pt shooting 7 footer, and Wade is only as effective as the referees allow. What is not to like about Tim Duncan, Patty Mills, Kiwah Leonard and the way the Spurs conduct themselves? That ball sharing last night was a throw back to a bygone era of hoops before the superstar mentality took over and turned the NBA into pro wrestling. It has been great to watch. If LeBron is hitting jumpers the Heat can't lose, but he has looked older than his age. 4 straight trips to the finals have emptied his tank. I think it goes 7, which is ok by me.

Still think they need something fluky to happen to win?

Darn it. I just logged on to eat my crow and you beat me to it.

I guess the only thing fluky they needed last night was a lack of solid defense by Miami. James didn't seem right and didn't challenge Leonard much on those jumpers. Thought for sure we were going to hear Jackson with his patented "hand down, man down" on the replay they used going into commercials showing James basically watching Leonard pop a jumper from the top of the key.

What has happened to Chalmers? He's just awful every time I see him out there now. There can't be any acceptable reason for using him from here on out.

Darn it. I just logged on to eat my crow and you beat me to it.

I guess the only thing fluky they needed last night was a lack of solid defense by Miami. James didn't seem right and didn't challenge Leonard much on those jumpers. Thought for sure we were going to hear Jackson with his patented "hand down, man down" on the replay they used going into commercials showing James basically watching Leonard pop a jumper from the top of the key.

Yes, I'm quoting myself here. Wonder if I will get a notification.

Just reading an article on Grantland and they actually broke down this play.

Here is the evidence.

kawhi2.png

Yes, I'm quoting myself here. Wonder if I will get a notification.

Just reading an article on Grantland and they actually broke down this play.

Here is the evidence.

kawhi2.png

I don't see Lebron winning with this group again. Wade is a shell of himself. Chalmers seems to have lost confidence. Anderson, Haslem, and Battier are on their last legs. Bosh has turned into Toni Kukoc. This is why there is talk of him playing with Melo, because he has a better chance to win with Melo than he does Wade and Bosh again. Really San Antonio should of won last year as well.

I don't see Lebron winning with this group again. Wade is a shell of himself. Chalmers seems to have lost confidence. Anderson, Haslem, and Battier are on their last legs. Bosh has turned into Toni Kukoc. This is why there is talk of him playing with Melo, because he has a better chance to win with Melo than he does Wade and Bosh again. Really San Antonio should of won last year as well.
See, I think if they want to have any chance to be competitive they need to force feed the ball to Bosh. He's been the third banana for a while and it worked. Time for him to the be the second banana.

See, I think if they want to have any chance to be competitive they need to force feed the ball to Bosh. He's been the third banana for a while and it worked. Time for him to the be the second banana.

And put Chalmers on the far, far end of the bench. He's terrible.

A few random thoughts:

Wade is apparently injured and looks older than he really is. Ginobli was dreadful last year in the final (although he was injured also), and this year he looks pretty solid. Maybe Chalmers in injured also?

Miami has nothing even close to Duncan, who gives SA a strong inside presence through which to run the offense inside-out.

When you shoot 70% you can almost beat God.

Leonard is just the latest manifestation of the guy who suddenly feels it and rises to the occasion. I think in 2011 it was Berea?

No matter how great James is, he's getting some pretty good D pushed up on him, from both Leonard and all kinds of help from the rest.

I don't know which is more accurate: SA moves the ball well because they have many scorers, or they have many scorers because they move the ball well. Either way, SA is beating Miami with a tremendous team effort. Seems they remember why they got beat last year, while Miami doesn't remember how they won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom