OT: Three Stripes for Hopkins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Three Stripes for Hopkins

If W is getting 12m a year SUs worth 15 or more.

SU needs football to be great again. Washington did not get this deal because of UW Basketball. These apparel deals are football centric with the other sports getting outfitted.

We'd completely lock down every NYC player from now to infinity if we were repped by Timberland.

And North Face. It would be a game changing look for the team. Literally.

adidas overpaid for a school that has a very small geographic footprint and little national relevance.

With that said, I'm going to be searching eBay shortly after the apparel sale by the athletic department. I like UW's football jerseys and wouldn't mind having one to wear this Summer.
please UW is in one of the fastest growing cities in america and has a top 10 football program and was in the cfp two years ago

I don’t know — UW is growing incredibly fast, is in a top-20 metropolitan area, and seems to have one of the best (relatively young) football coaches in the college game locked down for the foreseeable future. Add on top of that an enrollment of nearly 50K and a school that’s growing like crazy and it seems like a good brand to gamble on to me.
I always rooted for Washington. Liked their stadium vista, their unis and the fact they weren't USC or UCLA. And now Hop's there.

They need to be better and pay up. They gave out football uni's to Illinois for eph sake.

Yep. Nike is interested only in providing Nike uniforms to teams. Not Illinois uniforms, not Syracuse uniforms. Nike is the only brand they care about.

I don't like the alternatives (and wouldn't ever buy or wear Under Armour), but the negotiations have to result in SU hammering home the message that its student-athletes represent the university and their uniforms must reflect that.

please UW is in one of the fastest growing cities in america and has a top 10 football program and was in the cfp two years ago

UW is not a national brand. Get over it.

To stay with Nike
1. I would want our old script Syracuse basketball jerseys.
2. New football jerseys
3. A boatload of money.

JB gets a good amount from Nike so I don’t see us leaving them.

And nor should we. Branding is a huge reason why kids go to certain schools. adidas is making a push, but the youth and elite prospects still favor Nike in addition to playing on Nike circuits and schools.

Nike makes far better looking stuff than any other athletic manufacturer. I wouldn't wear anything else. I don't buy SU gear that isn't Nike. Anything else is going to be weird and people will hate it. Boeheim wont let us switch on his guard luckily he doesn't want to be rolling around in garbage and knows recruits agree.

Adidas is OK for non college things but with the current scandal and some of the ugly crap they have put out for colleges I really want to avoid them. UA and the others are just repulsive and 2nd rate.

Our stuff looks good we always look better than similarly colored schools like UVA and Illinois. I think the next generation of hoop and football unis will be good. Please don't ever switch. We aren't going to get that much more money anything else will be so freakin weird.

On a national scale? Absolutely. No one watches their games unless you're a football junky. Peterson brought it up this past season because of the lack of exposure they get throughout the country. Washington is not a national brand.

You called the Seattle demo a small geographic footprint.

It's not. It's a major market.

If you want to contend relatively few outside that major market footprint cares about their football program, I would agree with you (but not what you said in your original post.)

F292402E-673D-43A1-91A0-400FB9D9FDDF.jpeg
Keds “Red Ball Jets”

Yes it is. It's basketball is known on both coasts. UW Athletics isn't. Y'all way too sensitive.

Living on the west coast I can tell you it's not.

Living on the west coast I can tell you it's not.

I know you enjoy taking the contrarian view but really??? I've lived in the southeast and the midwest and they are well aware of Syracuse basketball in both places. I have a hard time believing the west coast would be much different. In fact, most of my dad's family lives in California and when I've been there wearing my Syracuse stuff, let's just say I haven't gotten blank stares from people.

Can people name our roster? No. Heck I can't name rosters like I used to before the era of 1 and done. But our brand is definitely known.

UW is not a national brand. Get over it.
They may not be a national brand, but they are headed in that direction.
Wait until Hop starts taking some of Gonzaga's recruits away.
Their football is already good. They just suffer from being on the West Coast as far as eastern PR is concerned.

On a national scale? Absolutely. No one watches their games unless you're a football junky. Peterson brought it up this past season because of the lack of exposure they get throughout the country. Washington is not a national brand.
Peterson was talking about the PAC 12 network putting some of there games on too late not that they got no exposure. They have averaged 10 wins a year the last 3 years and been in the Playoff but your right pretty irrelevant.

I know you enjoy taking the contrarian view but really??? I've lived in the southeast and the midwest and they are well aware of Syracuse basketball in both places. I have a hard time believing the west coast would be much different. In fact, most of my dad's family lives in California and when I've been there wearing my Syracuse stuff, let's just say I haven't gotten blank stares from people.

Can people name our roster? No. Heck I can't name rosters like I used to before the era of 1 and done. But our brand is definitely known.
I guess it depends on your definition of relevant. I live in Seattle and where Syracuse gear just about everywhere I go. People here have heard of Syracuse and know we have a basketball program. People also often ask me if we are going to be good enough to win the Big East this coming season.