OT: Three Stripes for Hopkins | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Three Stripes for Hopkins

I guess it depends on your definition of relevant. I live in Seattle and where Syracuse gear just about everywhere I go. People here have heard of Syracuse and know we have a basketball program. People also often ask me if we are going to be good enough to win the Big East this coming season.
I'm sure people on the east coast say that about Utah and Colorado.

I know you enjoy taking the contrarian view but really??? I've lived in the southeast and the midwest and they are well aware of Syracuse basketball in both places. I have a hard time believing the west coast would be much different. In fact, most of my dad's family lives in California and when I've been there wearing my Syracuse stuff, let's just say I haven't gotten blank stares from people.

Can people name our roster? No. Heck I can't name rosters like I used to before the era of 1 and done. But our brand is definitely known.

I’ve been asked if my Always Reppin shirt is a Stanford shirt probably 100 times living out there and probably a thumbs up from a cuse fan maybe 4 or 5.

College basketball doesn’t even seem like a sport out there.

I’ve been asked if my Always Reppin shirt is a Stanford shirt probably 100 times living out there and probably a thumbs up from a cuse fan maybe 4 or 5.

I had an opposite experience when I was living in a Seattle.

You don't think it's maybe that shirt then? I've worn Syracuse shirts at many different places around the country and never had a problem with people recognizing what it is. To think we aren't a national brand is one of your more ridiculous takes. There's a decent amount of orange on this map. Guess everyone in California forgot who Syracuse was after they bought gear in 2016

Final Four Appearance Shoots Syracuse Apparel Sales Up 750%

Last edited:
120 million over ten years for addidas is chump change. peronsally I think both our basketball and football uni's have been horrendous the last few years. the bball uni's look freaking practice level . you want to see some unis? check out the john wallace era uni's . As far as football, the black with orange pants and block numbers...why did they get rid of those for these stupid TRON unis?

You don't think it's maybe that shirt then? I've worn Syracuse shirts at many different places around the country and never had a problem with people recognizing what it is. To think we aren't a national brand is one of your more ridiculous takes. There's a decent amount of orange on this map. Guess everyone in California forgot who Syracuse was after they bought gear in 2016

Final Four Appearance Shoots Syracuse Apparel Sales Up 750%

I'm not saying we're unknown, I'm just saying were not this machine. Saying that UW is behind us as a whole is far more ridiculous than what I'm saying, and their new contract shows that.

I guess it depends on your definition of relevant. I live in Seattle and where Syracuse gear just about everywhere I go. People here have heard of Syracuse and know we have a basketball program. People also often ask me if we are going to be good enough to win the Big East this coming season.

That’s probably going to take awhile. I often forget Nebraska moved to the Big Ten, Missouri to the SEC, etc. With so much movement, it’s pretty hard to keep track of and will take awhile for teams that moved to really be identified with their conference.

120 million over ten years for addidas is chump change. peronsally I think both our basketball and football uni's have been horrendous the last few years. the bball uni's look freaking practice level . you want to see some unis? check out the john wallace era uni's . As far as football, the black with orange pants and block numbers...why did they get rid of those for these stupid TRON unis?
I know... Adidas pays Manchester United 117 million a year! ;)