OT: Tiana 44 points | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tiana 44 points

We could have used that against Notre Dame. That was a sad final farewell at the Dome on Monday night. This only increases the consternation of SU fans (and undoubtedly all fans) of WHY WHY WHY do supremely talented players not show up for some games? And then show up in spades? Congrats to Tiana! She’s a great player, although a little short.

Tremendous performance. She put the team on her back and willed them to the win almost by herself.

Gonna miss her next season.
Yup. Special find for Q and company.
When she hugs Coach for the last time, I hope she whispers in his ear “stop playing exclusively zone, we suck at it”

I was in awe watching her dart around the entire defensive unit to either score, get to the line, or make some nifty pass for a good .

Yup. Special find for Q and company.
When she hugs Coach for the last time, I hope she whispers in his ear “stop playing exclusively zone, we suck at it”

I'll tell you one thing: players would flock to Syracuse if JB ever inexplicably decided "ok, it, let's run Q's system."

Edit: he won't, and I'm not suggesting he will or that it would work. But those women have FUN.

Tremendous performance. She put the team on her back and willed them to the win almost by herself.

Gonna miss her next season.
She’s only a junior. Is she leaving early?

Slightly on a tangent, but had Q ever explained why he runs zone? Seems like a bad idea in the women’s game.

I'll tell you one thing: players would flock to Syracuse if JB ever inexplicably decided "ok, it, let's run Q's system."

Edit: he won't, and I'm not suggesting he will or that it would work. But those women have FUN.
Don’t get me wrong. Love him and his overall system. And you’re so right about the fun part. I’ve just watched our zone get torched by anyone not named mediocre far too long. It’s not boeheims zone.

Don’t get me wrong. Love him and his overall system. And you’re so right about the fun part. I’ve just watched our zone get torched by anyone not named mediocre far too long. It’s not boeheims zone.

I don’t think this team is built for defense but offense. Tiana is tiny yet quick for zone, but can be shot over in either defense, our bigs are too slow for man to man. SU women used to be a pressing team and this team isn’t very effective at it for the same reasons man to man would also be an issue. This team also doesn’t have the equivalent depth on the bench to platoon and rest the starters unlike some other SU versions that always pressed, lived on steals, turnovers, etc. It’s difficult to get the proper balance on offense and defense to be one of the best. If this team has a bad shooting night then they don’t have the defensive balance to make up for it.

UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW
Duke’s 3PT percentage against SU vs against UVa’s Vaunted man-to-man is...?

How does that whole Q in the womens' locker room thing work, anyway? Do they make him birdbox his way around the game strategy chalkboard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom