OT: UCONN NEW HELMET | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: UCONN NEW HELMET

How many 9 win season have you had since Coach Duh left SU?

How many did you have in the 25 years before he showed up?

Full Disclosure - he has this season to turn it around IMHO.

Thats ok ... its going to take more than a season to recover from the bitch slapping we gave you this past season ... those 5 prospects looked mighty good getting pushed around by SU ... please enlighten us some more ...

Thats ok ... its going to take more than a season to recover from the bitch slapping we gave you this past season ... those 5 prospects looked mighty good getting pushed around by SU ... please enlighten us some more ...

Ouch.

How is an all-time record of 6-3 for enlightenment :)

Ouch.

How is an all-time record of 6-3 for enlightenment :)

Ah live in the past ... your time is up ... thankfully we left before we evened it out in 3 years and then blew your doors off ... I would draw a graph for you but I'm willing to bet if it wasn't in magic marker the facts would be lost on you with regards to trends ... how did that bowl game go this season ... oh ... yeah sorry ... thought for a minute you were actually a .500 ball club ... 2012 was definitely worth you coming over and talking crap on the board of a team that could actually go to and win a bowl game.

Can someone list the ten greatest Uconn football victories? Hiesman trophy candidates, major bowl wins, NFL hall or famers? I'm curious.

Can someone list the ten greatest Uconn football victories? Hiesman trophy candidates, major bowl wins, NFL hall or famers? I'm curious.

I can answer the last 3 as nil pretty quickly. That first one would likely be an exhaustive search and take a bit of liberty with the word "great" to complete.

Not to nick pick but I'm pretty sure that 7 + 5 is bigger than 11 (Rutgers + UCONN is bigger than???? FL ST) but I don't have a calculator handy to double check.

Nobody else in the ACC had more than UCONN. Nobody in the B1G had as many as UCONN

And UCONN has been getting guys without other offers so I'm not sure how much its really going to impact us, we have great facilities on campus.

As far as on field, the team with the best coach out of UCONN, SU, Pitt, BCU and RU will win the most.

The advantage other schools has over UCONN is money to pay for a coach (more accurately, a mistake) but that really hasn't helped BCU very much lately.

Good job on the numbers - I didn't look it up. It's hard to care enough about it, honestly. And that's probably the real danger here - not a team we hate and want to beat regularly - UCONN FB just becomes utterly irrelevant. To everyone.

No amount of shine on a new helmet design is going to stop that.

29 today actually. I don't think the new ones are great but the block C was bad. I preferred the interlocking UC helmets you have prior vs the current block C design but at least the new design gives you something a bit unique.

Happy birthday.... You bloody Scouser ;)

Let me guess, you two are under 30, right?

No I'll be 33 in a month. What would that have to do with anything though? If you don't like them that's cool. I think they look pretty sweet actually. Nothing wrong with something different.

How many 9 win season have you had since Coach Duh left SU?

How many did you have in the 25 years before he showed up?

Full Disclosure - he has this season to turn it around IMHO.

So 9 wins is the mark now? Cuse could get 9 wins loading up on the typical UConn OOC dreck. You've had exactly one 9 win season since upgrading congrats...that season you played 1-11 Duke, a good 9-4 Virginia, 4-8 Akron, 4-8 Temple and FCS Maine. You must be so proud.

You realize asking back 25 years before would include 10 and 11 game seasons and very few bowl games? So 9 wins then is like 10 and 11 now. But yes Cuse had a several 9+ win seasons to include many impressive victories.

If 17 year old HS football players like it, I like it.

And indications are that 17 year old HS kids like it.
Teenagers' likes and dislikes change hourly. My 15-year old now hates what used to be his favorite meal just a month ago.

Every school now has the ability to change their unis whenever they feel like it, so I don't think these ugly helmets are going to impact any recruits on their college choice.