OT: UCONN NEW HELMET | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: UCONN NEW HELMET

For a couple of years, UConn fans (including this "sdhusky" blowhole) told us we were living in the past. Well, now UConn "glory years" -- which amount to almost nothing-- are in the past. SU has a future in the ACC as well as decades of a tradition of success. UConn has nothing going forward...unless you count these spiffy (butt ugly) helmets, I guess.

. Have fun in Conference USA. Wouldn't trade places with you for anything. You waited too long to decide to play big boy football. The game left you behind. See ya!

How many 9 win season have you had since Coach Duh left SU?

How many did you have in the 25 years before he showed up?

Full Disclosure - he has this season to turn it around IMHO.
Do you like dumpster trash sloppy seconds?

Yeesh. Looks like a sticker was put on crooked. F them
Seriously. The husky doesn't blend in with the rest if the helmet and has very abrupt edges. The freaking blues don't even match between the sticker and the helmet

Why do we even care about UCONN?

If you keep feeding a mangy stray dog, then that dog will keep coming back. Bye bye poochies...

So 9 wins is the mark now? Cuse could get 9 wins loading up on the typical UConn OOC dreck. You've had exactly one 9 win season since upgrading congrats...that season you played 1-11 Duke, a good 9-4 Virginia, 4-8 Akron, 4-8 Temple and FCS Maine. You must be so proud.

You realize asking back 25 years before would include 10 and 11 game seasons and very few bowl games? So 9 wins then is like 10 and 11 now. But yes Cuse had a several 9+ win seasons to include many impressive victories.

9 wins is a funny number.

Both UCONN and SU have had two 9 win seasons since 1971 with a different coach than PP. Ours were recent and yours were in the 80's. Not so much in the 70's

Weird coincidence isn't it?

9 wins is a funny number.

Both UCONN and SU have had two 9 win seasons since 1971 with a different coach than PP. Ours were recent and yours were in the 80's. Not so much in the 70's

Weird coincidence isn't it?

Sigh...and you are wrong.

We are no longer scheduled to play you...we kicked your ass last year. Go play with your new friends. I'm done.

As the once owner of a Husky, that new logo does capture the look I've seen when you try to take something away that they don't want to give up (stuffed animal, dead skunk,...)

Doesn't translate to the helmet well at all though.

Sigh...and you are wrong.

We are no longer scheduled to play you...we kicked your ass last year. Go play with your new friends. I'm done.

Look it up.

Since 1971, when SU went to a 11 game schedule, they've won 9 games or more in 1987 & 1988 under Mac. Never had a 9 win season under Robinson or Marrone or Maloney or the end of Ben's time.

6 times PP won 9 or more games at SU.

Edsall won 9 games in 2003 and in 2007 (we beat SU 30-17) that year.

Look it up.

Since 1971, when SU went to a 11 game schedule, they've won 9 games or more in 1987 & 1988 under Mac. Never had a 9 win season under Robinson or Marrone or Maloney or the end of Ben's time.

6 times PP won 9 or more games at SU.

Edsall won 9 games in 2003 and in 2007 (we beat SU 30-17) that year.

Ok I never saw your "PP" qualifier...adding that is stupid and disingenuous. Coach P could take very good talent and sometimes acheive at good levels but he has had several 6-7 win seasons and one losing season during his 91-01 run of relevance. By 1998/99 it was becoming apparent he was losing his edge.

First: I'm going to recommend a good website for you, I like it better than Wikipedia for some research.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/bigeast/syracuse/index.php

Second: 2003 you were not in the Big East so I didn't count that...and besides UConn lost to all the decent teams they played.

Bottomline: Cuse has waaaaaaaaaay more relevance yesterday, today and tomorrow in Football compared to UConn. You can twist your stupid argument with ridiculous qualifiers but it doesn't change the fact UConn has never been a better brand and only briefly played FB at a higher level than Cuse while Cuse was at a nadir.