Class of 2024 - OT Vito Shevchenko (Canada/FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OT Vito Shevchenko (Canada/FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

The key here to me is there is no reason to bring in a kid this late in the class over a portal kid unless you think there is a real upside here. This is not a kid that verballed a year ago. This is a kid that we decided to take after the class was full and wanted.

The key here to me is there is no reason to bring in a kid this late in the class over a portal kid unless you think there is a real upside here. This is not a kid that verballed a year ago. This is a kid that we decided to take after the class was full and wanted.
Agree. He has played two years of football. Great situation to RS and then let's go.

Party Celebration GIF by Filmožrouti

I suspect this also means we’re seeing some OL portal exits soon.

Kid looks athletic as hell on his tape…which is what you get with kids that have late growth spurts.

Not that explosive and needs to get stronger. Great feet and Gets to the second level with ease.

Reminds me of guys who are HS TE’s and are converted to tackle.
With the proper dedication to S&C, it's possible.

With this kids inexperience and sudden huge weight gain he'll need a couple years. You can tell from the highlights he has a lot of work to do in the strength department. He doesn't really push anybody around, even smaller kids. I mean when adding 40 lbs a year for 2 1/2 years that obviously can't be too much muscle and you can tell from the twitter transformation picks he has a ways to go to work on his body. But a couple years of adding muscle in the strength program and learning OL technique and he likely has high upside as an OT who has great movement skills and size on the outside. I like it.

Last edited:
Look at Jordan Mailata, starting OT for the Philadelphia Eagles. He went from playing rugby in Australia to being drafted by the Eagles with no college football experience. If you have the physical gifts, you can do it. Time will tell with Vito. Def worth taking a flyer on.

A guy this big that was a tennis player? Uh yeah. Fran has a certain thing he’s looking for and I love it. Size and speed….figure out the rest later

I should start talking to one of the junior tennis players I teach at our country club. He’s 6’4 240 and only in 10th grade. Not too late to switch sports apparently.

Roll of the dice by the staff.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Kid is big, athletic, and has mobility. Very raw from a football technique standpoint. If he puts it all together, he could be a steal. If not, he'll be moving on.

But seems like a worthwhile gamble, based upon the size / athleticism quotient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom