OT: What countries have you been to? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: What countries have you been to?

Oops, didn't realize your cousin is a she, and that she's not based there. That's good. Anyway, she got off easy - she could've been driving ... If you wind up visiting Kiev, enjoy - you'll have fun. But it's best to be accompanied by the locals to avoid the rip-offs and other such unpleasantries. The post-breakup USSR is not quite the Wild East of the 90's, but it's not the most stable of places either. And any "order" and "law" replacing the chaos comes from KGB now openly ruling Russia, and the totalitarian nationalistic approach they're restoring. Ukraine has already fallen in line, and we saw what happened when Georgia refused.

Yeah, I have heard similar from the Ukis around here. This was another cousin. The lawyer's (a he) sister. Thanks for the intel.

Canada, England, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Bermuda. Almost made it to Mississippi once...

My list is mediocre but I have a country (boldfaced) I haven't seen yet so I'm posting.

United States (45 states, all except AK HI ND SD MT)
Canada
Mexico
Great Britain (England and Scotland)
Italy
Vatican City
San Marino (drove from Tuscany->Florence->Bologna->Adriatic coast (Rimini)->Tuscany and made sure I hit San Marino)
France (airport only but saw Paris from air and feet hit actual ground so I'm counting it)

WANT: France (for real), Sweden, Australia, Brazil, Japan, India

I studied abroad in Hong Kong and lived in Bermuda.

Traveled to:
Canada
Mexico
Australia
New Zealand
England
Aruba
Thailand
Puerto Rico
China
Texas

Next up on the list, my fiancé and I are hoping to move to grand cayman later this year, but as for vacation I want to visit a friend in rio de janeiro and were planning the honeymoon for Croatia and Turkey (or Greece)

And want to go to?

Slow day at work. I enjoyed the vacation/favorite cities threads.

Been to: Canada (I'm guessing most will have this), Australia, Bahamas.

Want to go to: England, Italy, Argentina. A lot honestly, but these are probably top 3.

Been to:
USA (been to all states except Alaska and Arkansas) -- how could I have missed Arkansas??
Vietnam -- The sunrises in Da Nang harbor are beautiful (as long as you're on something floating IN the harbor).
Thailand -- Met Mechai Viravaidya, Thailand's Pied Piper of Planned Parenthood, while I was visiting his sister.
The Philippines -- Sunset in Subic Bay is a bookend for Da Nang's sunrises.
Japan -- Bullet Train ride, the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto, and an appetizer of jellyfish.
The Bahamas -- Elegance and poverty are only a short walk apart.
Canada -- Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria -- a beautiful country
Mexico -- Low-budget college overnighter using cerveza to avoid drinking the water.

Would like to visit:
Italy -- The Amalfi Coast and Tuscany
Switzerland -- trains and breathtaking vistas
Canadian Rockies and the Bay of Fundy (Roll Tide!)
Brazil -- A day without samba is a day without sunshine-VBOF

Canada doesn't count; it's a state : )

BT-canada-americas-hat.gif

England, France, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Turkey, Belgium, then theres Canada, Mexico, Dominican, Jamaica, Bahamas and probably other Caribbean islands.

Asia or South America is at the top of my to do list.

Been to Canada, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Ireland, the U.K., France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Spain, Luxembourg, Iceland, Japan, Hong Kong and best of all the USA!!!

And want to go to?

I recently retired at 59. I haven't counted in a while, but think I have been to 45 countries, pretty much everywhere other than Africa. I've also been to 49 states (not Alaska). Favorite countries were Switzerland, Chile and Australia.

Been: It'ly, Canada, Panama, Brazil (BRAZILLLLL!!!!!), Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica. Jeez, my list looks kinda sad, compared to others. I guess i shouldn't have gone to Brazil 25 times...
Need to Have Been: India, Thailand, France/Monaco, Tibet, Nepal, Japan, Hungary, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia.

Japan
South Korea
China
Singapore
Malaysia
Taiwan
Canada
Mexico
Bermuda
Ireland
UK
Scotland
France
Spain
Portugal
Holland
Belgium
Germany
Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Malta
Hungary
Czech Republic
Estonia
Finland
Sweden
Denmark

Not a lot: Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and Australia. Where do I want to go? Not another country but Alaska, which I have already visited three times--hard to describe it.

wow, I need to check the board more often in the off season!
no way my list is any where near some of you, but here it goes:
Germany (Lived there)
East Germany (was there in 1982)
France
Italy
Lichtenstein
San Marino
Belgium
Switzerland
Austria
Newfoundland
Canada