OT: Where do you play golf. | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where do you play golf.

SkanSU

Starter
After this storm I am completely disheartened. I have been dreaming of being on the links for months. Soooo ... I am wondering how many of our fans out there play golf and where is your home course.

As for me I play badly at Dutch Hollow.

BTW... I had attended the SU Fan tournament 2 years ago at Erie Village and loved it. Would anyone be interested in resurrecting the tournament if it was earlier in the summer? Like July or August?

I am totally on the same feeling level that you are SkanSU. I have been itching to get on the course since the start of February. I am a member at Seven Oaks Golf Club in Hamilton NY. Awesome course!! What I like about the course is that they have no leagues so members can get on pretty much whenever they please. The course is also owned by Colgate University so there is no expense spared to keep the course in top shape.

Growing up, McConnelsville golf course was a 2 minute drive from my house, so that would technically have been my home course. Due to price, I usually played at Golf Knolls/Beaver Creek in Rome. I generally wasn't good or consistent enough to justify spending anything other than the bare minimum on golf. Things have changed.

Now, Foxfire's 9th tee box is my backyard. So, it's safe to say Foxfire is my home course.

I am totally on the same feeling level that you are SkanSU. I have been itching to get on the course since the start of February. I am a member at Seven Oaks Golf Club in Hamilton NY. Awesome course!! What I like about the course is that they have no leagues so members can get on pretty much whenever they please. The course is also owned by Colgate University so there is no expense spared to keep the course in top shape.

That's a great course and is very difficult. I play there quite a bit since I have a camp on Lake Moraine, just down the street. If I survive the first few holes it makes for a better day. Big if. Camillus Country Club, but I bounce around more than when I was younger and also seem to play less. I always thought it was suppose to get less hectic as you got older. lol.

was fortunate to play bellevue growing up. then i moved to boston and played the public courses for a few years: red tail, shaker hills, cyprian keyes... after which i joined oakley cc. now i live in brooklyn and play the bethpage courses primarily.

Green Lakes and Erie Village mostly, since those are the closest courses to me. Will also play Arrowhead during the week, mainly because they have 27 holes, so it's possible to play even with leagues going on.

Grew up playing Bellevue w/ jgeorge322. He's better unfortunately. Played a bunch of public courses in NH/VT when I lived there and was a member at Hanover CC (Dartmouth College's course) for a year. I bounce around now that I'm in Chicago, but like to get out to Cog Hill when I can. Living in big cities sucks if you're an avid golfer. It's one of the big reasons I want to move back to Syracuse eventually. Despite the long winter, CNY has A LOT of great courses.

Grew up playing Bellevue w/ jgeorge322. He's better unfortunately. Played a bunch of public courses in NH/VT when I lived there and was a member at Hanover CC (Dartmouth College's course) for a year. I bounce around now that I'm in Chicago, but like to get out to Cog Hill when I can. Living in big cities sucks if you're an avid golfer. It's one of the big reasons I want to move back to Syracuse eventually. Despite the long winter, CNY has A LOT of great courses.

I live about 1 minute from BGCC. Another great track

When I'm visiting the family near Syracuse, I like to go out to nearby Rogue's Roost and Northern Pines.

I grew up playing Beaver Meadows in Phoenix ny. At this stage I'll play anywhere I can when I get a chance. I am in a league at arrowhead. But that course is kind of a putt putt course.

i miss seven oaks. are the greens still lightning?

Great course, if difficult. To meet Colgate's phys ed requirement as a freshman, I signed up for a class with the pro at Seven Oaks. Really neat perk, though I'm not sure that it improved my game.

Yes, I play golf, if you can call it that...

That's how I feel. Love the game, but I stink. Better to avoid the nice courses and hack away at Lyndon or Drumlins West (when I played in DC, Langston and Potomac).

After this storm I am completely disheartened. I have been dreaming of being on the links for months. Soooo ... I am wondering how many of our fans out there play golf and where is your home course.

As for me I play badly at Dutch Hollow.

BTW... I had attended the SU Fan tournament 2 years ago at Erie Village and loved it. Would anyone be interested in resurrecting the tournament if it was earlier in the summer? Like July or August?
Believe it or not I played a little the day before yesterday at Orchard Vali.

There were 5 other guys out there too.

During the season I play everywhere.

I grew up playing Beaver Meadows in Phoenix ny. At this stage I'll play anywhere I can when I get a chance. I am in a league at arrowhead. But that course is kind of a putt putt course.

At least the course at Arrowhead punishes you for errant shots. Keep everything straight, and you're set up for a nice score. Start shanking shots into the trees, and you're in for a long day of hacking.

Tomcat and a bunch of us took advantage of the great fall rate they offered. What do you shoot there? I bet we scored more than you, ;) that's a good thing, right?

Growing up, McConnelsville golf course was a 2 minute drive from my house, so that would technically have been my home course. Due to price, I usually played at Golf Knolls/Beaver Creek in Rome. I generally wasn't good or consistent enough to justify spending anything other than the bare minimum on golf. Things have changed.

Now, Foxfire's 9th tee box is my backyard. So, it's safe to say Foxfire is my home course.
I was at Foxfire for three years, so you live along the 9th?

Sorry about that window. I hardly ever slice. :D