OT: Where do you play golf. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where do you play golf.

I was at Foxfire for three years, so you live along the 9th?

Look directly to your right from the tee box and you'll see two apartments with sliding glass doors. I'm the one in the corner.

If you see a short, pale skinned, Italian girl (nose and fiesty-ness give it away), that's my gf. Short dude with curly hair = me. We like to sit out there when it's warm and watch people hack away. We don't have a view of where their shots went, so it's fun to guess based on the reactions.

A surprising amount of people use the woods on the left as a bathroom, too.

When I lived up north I was a member at beaver meadows. We also played foxfire a good bit. Now I belong to bulls bay here in sc. It's an amazing place to play it has the only hills down here as they moved 7 million cubic yards of dirt when they built it. The best part is I can play all year round

. It's one of the big reasons I want to move back to Syracuse eventually. Despite the long winter, CNY has A LOT of great courses.

Yup. Per capita some of the best in the northeast if not the country.

At least the course at Arrowhead punishes you for errant shots. Keep everything straight, and you're set up for a nice score. Start shanking shots into the trees, and you're in for a long day of hacking.
That's is true. I have had my struggles. One week I will go 36 the next 48 there.

When I lived up north I was a member at beaver meadows. We also played foxfire a good bit. Now I belong to bulls bay here in sc. It's an amazing place to play it has the only hills down here as they moved 7 million cubic yards of dirt when they built it. The best part is I can play all year round
When were you at the beav?

Played the front nine at Los Santos last night. Shot a 4 over.

Look directly to your right from the tee box and you'll see two apartments with sliding glass doors. I'm the one in the corner.

If you see a short, pale skinned, Italian girl (nose and fiesty-ness give it away), that's my gf. Short dude with curly hair = me. We like to sit out there when it's warm and watch people hack away. We don't have a view of where their shots went, so it's fun to guess based on the reactions.

A surprising amount of people use the woods on the left as a bathroom, too.
I will look for you. And I see you I will say hi.

After this storm I am completely disheartened. I have been dreaming of being on the links for months. Soooo ... I am wondering how many of our fans out there play golf and where is your home course.

As for me I play badly at Dutch Hollow.

BTW... I had attended the SU Fan tournament 2 years ago at Erie Village and loved it. Would anyone be interested in resurrecting the tournament if it was earlier in the summer? Like July or August?

Capture.JPG

I haven't had time to read this thread yet.

Mostly I play at "Bon Air Country Club" My Dad is a member there its in southern York County. That's PA if you're wondering. Very old course cut out of the natural landscape. Really nice fairways and greens but one of those courses where you rarely have a flat lie and being in the wrong position on the green can cost you strokes as they are fast with plenty of slope. They have one par 3 that's kind of a throw away blaa hole but other than that there really aren't two holes that are alike.

I grew up playing Oswego Country Club.

i miss seven oaks. are the greens still lightning?
They are extremily fast and big. Hole 1 has to be one of the hardest starting holes I have played. Walking off that hole I am happy with a bogey.

Member at Ely Park in Binghamton. Over to Enjoie or Conklin when friends come down to play.
I live in Norwich so I play Enjoie a few times a year. Never after the Champions Tour though...greens are to bumpy with all the ball marks.

Tomcat and a bunch of us took advantage of the great fall rate they offered. What do you shoot there? I bet we scored more than you, ;) that's a good thing, right?
I usually shoot mid to upper 80's there, however the guys I normally play with shoot in the upper 70's and take all my money.

Tuscarora
Love Tuscarora... I grew up in Marcellus and played there on the school team for a few years. I used to work there in the summers... what a great course. I have been a member for a few years at Woodcrest. Nice course ...great people!!!!

MartyCuse said:
Love Tuscarora... I grew up in Marcellus and played there on the school team for a few years. I used to work there in the summers... what a great course. I have been a member for a few years at Woodcrest. Nice course ...great people!!!!

Tell my guy mick mcginnis i said hello

Has En Joie recovered from the floods?
Enjoie was in great shape last summer. I think the greens are the best they have been in 10 years.

Links at Erie Village, where I work part-time. Or Thendara when I am on vacation at my wife's family camp up in Old Forge.

As to the SyracuseFan.com tourney, I am interested, but can't commit to running it all again as I'm pretty busy running one for the local SU Alumni Club.

Local golfers who are interested in networking and are on LinkedIn, consider joining a LinkedIn group that I set up called "LinksInCNY." Some board notables have already joined. Feel free to connect with me on there as well (real name Rick Sauter). Group is for networking professionally with local professionals, meet new people and maybe play some local courses that you don't normally play. A social outing at OptiGolf is currently in the works for one of the coming weeks.

Local golfers who are interested in networking and are on LinkedIn, consider joining a LinkedIn group that I set up called "LinksInCNY." Some board notables have already joined. Feel free to connect with me on there as well (real name Rick Sauter). Group is for networking professionally with local professionals, meet new people and maybe play some local courses that you don't normally play. A social outing at OptiGolf is currently in the works for one of the coming weeks.

Joined, although mostly because I enjoy a good pun :cool:

I play all over northeast Pennsylvania, we have had some nice weather the past few days and a lot of the snow has melted. Starting to believe by early April I'll be able to get out for the first time.

I play Bethpage Black on the reg (and by the reg I mean once a year, regularly). Other than that I play Virginia Oaks. Only affordable (Pete Dye designed), decent course in the DC area. In CNY, I'm partial to Links at Erie Village or Highland in Auburn.

I play Bethpage Black on the reg (and by the reg I mean once a year, regularly). Other than that I play Virginia Oaks. Only affordable (Pete Dye designed), decent course in the DC area. In CNY, I'm partial to Links at Erie Village or Highland in Auburn.
I really like Highland ... double courses for memebers and nonmembers. My biggest complaint with Links is the water. I played the SU Fan tournament the year I came back to golf after a 30 year hiatus ... just like a beginner. Lost many balls. Played Camillus last year ... lotta blind shots. Big course though. Radisson was nice and since takeover they are fixing the bunkers. Vesper Hills is nice "little" course with a great view of the Otisco Valley. Millstone is another course I played last year. Definitely need a cart for the hills ... but a nice course. Not difficult. OE I have played Orchard Vali and my close friend was a member before he switched to Dutch this year. Really flat course but with excellent drainage so one of the earliest courses to get on during the year. Of course my favorite is Dutch ... but thats my home course.
I am looking forward to playing Shenandoah this year. Buying a new set of irons and hybrids (time to get rid of the beginner set) and includes a round or 2 on Shen.

Lord knows I am dying to get out and play ... as bad as I am.

Member at Owasco CC. Play often at Highland and Skaneateles as well.

love golf. Chomping at the bit to play.