OT: Where do you play golf. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where do you play golf.

Rocco said:
Member at Owasco CC. Play often at Highland and Skaneateles as well. love golf. Chomping at the bit to play.

Dying. I stare at my bad every day and whimper

Pine Forest & ColoVista in Bastrop TX. Enjoyed playing Rogue's Roost when home.

This is going to be a long list but golf is my career so there are a lot of places:
Grew up playing and working at public courses. Big Oak in Geneva and Silver Creek in Waterloo. After college, first assistants job was at Brook Lea CC in Rochester. There for 4 years before moving to Oak Hill as an assistant for Craig Harmon for another 4 years. First head pro job was at a place called Willowbend on Cape Cod. Was there 5 years before moving to Memphis to be with my fiancé. Teaching now at a stand alone range but looking for another club to work at. It is a tough time to be in the good business.

These...are ready
image.jpg

At least the course at Arrowhead punishes you for errant shots. Keep everything straight, and you're set up for a nice score. Start shanking shots into the trees, and you're in for a long day of hacking.

I used to play Arrowhead all the time...until kids and life got in the way. I used to play early on Saturdays when I could play two balls on the West 9 and get 18 in before 9:00-9:30. Then I had the whole day left. Arrowhead was always kept green and immaculate when other courses looked like the Sahara. I love their greens too.

Now I play in JoeCollege's front yard at night. He needs another bay window. And I need a new head for my pitching wedge. It got stuck in the side of his mailbox.

Now I play in JoeCollege's front yard at night. He needs another bay window. And I need a new head for my pitching wedge. It got stuck in the side of his mailbox

Funny. I use mine for a cane when the gout acts up or the arthritis in the knee kicks in. Friend of mine, observantly, once said "thats a pitching wedge", My reply was that I might as well make some use of it... I most certainly could never hit anything with the damn club.

Timberbanks and Radisson I play the most but I do play pretty much every course at least once a year in the Syracuse area.

Don't have a home club right now... I prefer the flexibility of not having one - some great public courses in Ontario, and I tend to travel a lot in the summer to Toronto. I am an afternoon golfer so can always get good deals on golf now at some good public courses.

My home club, when I had one, was Upper Canada Golf Course in Morrisburg, Ontario. It hosted a PGA Tour Canada event last summer.

I have never played a course in the Syracuse area. In New York state, I have played - Malone Golf Club (in Malone), St. Lawrence University Golf Course (Canton), Ravenwood (Rochester), and Seneca Hickory Stick (Buffalo).

I take a trip with a friend every few years to Cleveland / Akron / Pitt area to catch a Pirate and Indian game, watch the WGC-Akron for a day, and golf a bit in between.

We stopped at Ravenwood a few years ago on the way through. What is a good public course around Syracuse if we are passing through . Main condition for travel purposes is that I would like to stay North of Syracuse, and not really veer far east off the 81.

I have a condo in Myrtle Beach so I have a choice of a great many courses to choose from. I play in the mid to high seventies. If it gets hotter than that I don't play.

We stopped at Ravenwood a few years ago on the way through. What is a good public course around Syracuse if we are passing through . Main condition for travel purposes is that I would like to stay North of Syracuse, and not really veer far east off the 81.

There are many good courses to the north of Syracuse many mentioned already in this thread. Radisson is under new management and they have been doing an excellent job turning that course around. Another is Timberbanks. One I haven't personally played but I hear is a wonderful course. And of course Foxfire is a 3rd. All within ready proximity to Rte 81

There are many good courses to the north of Syracuse many mentioned already in this thread. Radisson is under new management and they have been doing an excellent job turning that course around. Another is Timberbanks. One I haven't personally played but I hear is a wonderful course. And of course Foxfire is a 3rd. All within ready proximity to Rte 81

Thank you

Played once. Driving the golf cart was easily the highlight.

Don't have a home club right now... I prefer the flexibility of not having one - some great public courses in Ontario, and I tend to travel a lot in the summer to Toronto. I am an afternoon golfer so can always get good deals on golf now at some good public courses.

My home club, when I had one, was Upper Canada Golf Course in Morrisburg, Ontario. It hosted a PGA Tour Canada event last summer.

I have never played a course in the Syracuse area. In New York state, I have played - Malone Golf Club (in Malone), St. Lawrence University Golf Course (Canton), Ravenwood (Rochester), and Seneca Hickory Stick (Buffalo).

I take a trip with a friend every few years to Cleveland / Akron / Pitt area to catch a Pirate and Indian game, watch the WGC-Akron for a day, and golf a bit in between.

No !! I grew up in Morrisburg and worked my college summers at UCGC! Are u from MBurg?

Look directly to your right from the tee box and you'll see two apartments with sliding glass doors. I'm the one in the corner.

If you see a short, pale skinned, Italian girl (nose and fiesty-ness give it away), that's my gf. Short dude with curly hair = me. We like to sit out there when it's warm and watch people hack away. We don't have a view of where their shots went, so it's fun to guess based on the reactions.

A surprising amount of people use the woods on the left as a bathroom, too.

I have played with many a golfer who used those woods as a bathroom. I always wonder why, since its the 9th hole and the clubhouse awaits at the turn.