OT: Who are my fellow lefties? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who are my fellow lefties?

I'm a lefty and the worse items on that list are #2 (writing in a three ring binder) and #12 (those stupid desks, thats all we had when I was in school)...

I once read (don't know how accurate it was) that you can tell someone's natural handedness(?) by watching them go up a flight of stairs..a leftie leads with their left foot, a rightie with their right.

It's hard to test yourself for obvious reasons.

I was encouraged to write with my right hand...the assumption was that I was right handed. I do everything with my left hand..eat, drink, throw with both, bat both ways. smoke a doobie left handed, open doors. I'm convinced that I should have been a 100% leftie.

Also think that messing with your natural propensity creates a tendency to be ambivalent. Did I make myself clear?

I'm all over the place. Bat left, throw left. The only sport I ever played righty was tennis. Could use both feet pretty well playing soccer, but my got more power using my right leg. Write and eat right handed. Drink with either.

Lefty. But like many lefties, I am pretty ambidexterous. I play hockey and golf right handed. Did not have left handed equipment available for those sports when I learned to play. Though if you have seen me play, you might agree learned might not be quite the right word for my technique...

Play tennis with both hands, no back hands when you play me.

Yes, those are all bad things for us. Thank god I pretty much didn't have to deal with fountain pens. The old school lefties must have had permanent ink stains on their hands...

Natural lefty but was forced to learn to write with my right hand by getting whacked with a ruler (those pesky nuns) and here I thought I was the only one that was amphibious

I want to go back in time and stand up for young Victor and berate those nuns for doing that. Ridiculous.

Write - Left

Eat - Left

Throw - Left

Tennis - Left

Shoot Hoops - Left (my right handed layup is awful)

Dribble Hoops - Left (my left is so much more dominant dribbling that it's comical)

Punch - Southpaw bay-bee

Kick - BOTH with equal power/accuracy (was recruited by many schools to play soccer, but wanted to quit)

Bat - RIGHT if only because my father didn't know any better and tried to coach me out of my lefty tendencies. Though I can bat left as well, I played all through high school and my coach refused to allow me to bat lefty.

Golf/Hockey - Right (As a kid in the 70's & 80's, there were no child-sized drivers for lefties at the local driving range so whenever we went, I HAD to swing "righty")

Scissors - Right (I have no idea why)

Like my politics, I am mixed dominance, semi-ambidextrous.

I write lefty, can't write a damn thing righty, but if you see me throw a baseball lefty, well, I look like a girl.

Batting left I was Bob Horner, make contact and its likely extra bases, but man did I strike out a lot. Righty got lots of singles not power and could almost always make contact.

Basketball is about the only true ambi I got, I am just equally bad shooting with both hands.
One could argue that you look like a girl regardless of which hand you throw with DNabb.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I do all my shopping at The Leftorium.

Write - Left

Eat - Left

Throw - Left

Tennis - Left

Shoot Hoops - Left (my right handed layup is awful)

Kick - BOTH with equal power/accuracy (was recruited by many schools to play soccer, but wanted to quit)

Bat - RIGHT if only because my father didn't know any better and tried to coach me out of my lefty tendencies. Though I can bat left as well, I played all through high school and my coach refused to allow me to bat lefty.

Golf/Hockey - Right (As a kid in the 70's & 80's, there were no child-sized drivers for lefties at the local driving range so whenever we went, I HAD to swing "righty")

Scissors - Right (I have no idea why)

I think we are almost the same person.

Lefty here for writing, eating, throwing, shooting.

Righty for anything with a stick, bat, club, racket.

I prefer "progressive". I hit left handed in Little League but then I prayed the leftie away.

I think we are almost the same person.

Lefty here for writing, eating, throwing, shooting.

Righty for anything with a stick, bat, club, racket.
Im the opposite , but mostly ambidextrous. Golf, hockey, bat and kick dominant from left side

I write , eat throw with my right hand

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

One of my friends has a really odd (re: creepy) lefty fetish. He has dated 16 girls, every single one of them left-handed.

One of my friends has a really odd (re: creepy) lefty fetish. He has dated 16 girls, every single one of them left-handed.

Yikes - does he tell them to put the lotion in the basket or else they'll get the hose again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom