OT: Who are my fellow lefties? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who are my fellow lefties?

Not me, but my brother. He's not the athlete of the family, but knew what to do with his size and seal off people, get the ball up on the left side. Sadly, most of us knew this and played him accordingly.

Besides this, my bro is a great putter. Otherwise, I waste this dude in most sports even though he has 5 inches on me.

Not me, but my brother. He's not the athlete of the family, but knew what to do with his size and seal off people, get the ball up on the left side. Sadly, most of us knew this and played him accordingly.

Besides this, my bro is a great putter. Otherwise, I waste this dude in most sports even though he has 5 inches on me.
i waste my bros in all things sports related and they outweigh me by 20 and 50 pounds respectively.

and lefties die 9 years sooner? bummer

Still, one thing this article misses, which I think actually favors lefties.
Stick shift.
Sure, they have to shift with their right hand, but they get to steer with their left.
I know my bro likes it that way.
Tricky lefties.

Natural lefty but was forced to learn to write with my right hand by getting whacked with a ruler (those pesky nuns) and here I thought I was the only one that was amphibious
Ha, same with my pops. Grandpa wacked him on the left hand, so by now, he's ambidextrous. Helped his dribbling I'm sure, using both hands. So he got to play on the same team as Tiny Archibald in high school. Silver lining, sorta.

Like my politics, I am mixed dominance, semi-ambidextrous.

I write lefty, can't write a damn thing righty, but if you see me throw a baseball lefty, well, I look like a girl.

Batting left I was Bob Horner, make contact and its likely extra bases, but man did I strike out a lot. Righty got lots of singles not power and could almost always make contact.

Basketball is about the only true ambi I got, I am just equally bad shooting with both hands.

Ha, same with my pops. Grandpa wacked him on the left hand, so by now, he's ambidextrous. Helped his dribbling I'm sure, using both hands. So he got to play on the same team as Tiny Archibald in high school. Silver lining, sorta.
My sister and I were the first lefties in our family but of course in the older generations they might have been forced to switch. I played 2nd base on my HS varsity as a lefty but it was a small school. Btw didn't Tiny go to Dewitt Clinton. My dad went there with Dolph Schayes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My sister and I were the first lefties in our family but of course in the older generations they might have been forced to switch. I played 2nd base on my HS varsity as a lefty but it was a small school. Btw didn't Tiny go to Dewitt Clinton. My dad went there with Dolph Schayes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Yup, Dewitt Clinton! My dad's alma matter.
Incredulous enough is that years later, my brother went to Bronx Science, right across the way from Clinton.

Saw Tiny Archibald play basketball for Arizona Western when I was in the army stationed in Yuma Arizona. Watching Tiny play was a treat Yuma not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom