OT: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why+

I really like Kevin Spacey. American Beauty is one of my all time favorite movies. Anthony Hopkins is also pretty incredible. And when thinking of Hopkins is hard not to think about Jodi Foster who is one of my favorite actresses.

Spacey has always been a favorite of mine.

Edward Norton. I don't know why other than to say he does the best job of becoming the character. He's great in just about everything, but his best was his first - Primal Fear. I like Matt Damon too.

And speaking of American Beauty, I'll throw Chris Cooper in there. He's great. If you haven't seen October Sky, it's a great, small, overlooked movie with Jake Gyllenhaal as a teenage Homer Hickam, and Cooper as his dad, and Homer's early dreams of helping the US in the space race in a little WVa coal mining town.

It's one of those movies I have to watch every time it's on TV, and Cooper is great in it. The scene where he confronts the abusive stepfather of one of Homer's friends is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

And speaking of American Beauty, I'll throw Chris Cooper in there. He's great. If you haven't seen October Sky, it's a great, small, overlooked movie with Jake Gyllenhaal as a teenage Homer Hickam, and Cooper as his dad, and Homer's early dreams of helping the US in the space race in a little WVa coal mining town.

It's one of those movies I have to watch every time it's on TV, and Cooper is great in it. The scene where he confronts the abusive stepfather of one of Homer's friends is great.

-
It was on Netflix last time I checked, as well.

As far as acting goes and not his personal beliefs mine is Mel Gibson. That guy is an incredible actor.

-
Great movie

A few actors who I will watch a movie simply because they're in it:

Edward Norton
Denzel Washington
Jeff Bridges
Brad Pitt
Morgan Freeman
Sean Connery
Matt Damon
Terrance Howard
Liam Neeson

Some are better actors than others but I've never seen any of them in garbage rolls. Actresses have a much shorter shelf life so tough to find one with staying power. Seeing Cheadle listed reminded me of Howard and how Iron man just tried to make that change and noone would notice.

A few actors who I will watch a movie simply because they're in it:

Edward Norton
Denzel Washington
Jeff Bridges
Brad Pitt
Morgan Freeman
Sean Connery
Matt Damon
Terrance Howard
Liam Neeson

Some are better actors than others but I've never seen any of them in garbage rolls. Actresses have a much shorter shelf life so tough to find one with staying power. Seeing Cheadle listed reminded me of Howard and how Iron man just tried to make that change and noone would notice.

You always get your moneysworth with Denzel.

I don't enjoy one actor/actress that I'd go see a movie because they were in it, I usually need it to be a movie that I like. Actors that can change their characters, unlike a Harrison Ford type, I enjoy more because they aren't always the same person/role. I usually like Dicaprio, De niro except for the parenthood 2 and so on, Hanks, Freeman, Pitt, Washington, Connery, Freeman.

You always get your moneysworth with Denzel.

Denzel just plays Denzel in every movie... and it works. Kind of like Sammy Jackson but with legit acting talent. SLJ is a legit BAMF but he's done too many cheesy movies as result.

Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Katharine Hepburn.

No one current is 'automatic,' but i like: Bill Murray, Idris Elba, George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Denzel Washington, Danny McBride, Olga Kurylenko, Penelope Cruz.

A guy I always had great appreciation for was Andy Griffith, probably because of the role he played as Sheriff Taylor and Opey's dad.

Julia Roberts has a great smile and is hard to forget.

Denzel was in quality movies (Philadelphia, Glory, etc.) when he started. Over the last 5+ years, he's usually just taking the studios money to be in anything.

DiCaprio - he's really become a great actor. Can't wait for the Wolf of Wall Street.
My three favorite actors today are Johnny Depp, Leonardo Dicaprio, and John Cusack. My favorite movies are from the thirties and forties though. My favorite actors from that time are Gary Cooper and Errol Flynn.

I've liked Spacey since I first remember him on Wiseguy. What a creepy role that was. And I think Eddie Murphy is one of the most under rated actors ever. Sure he's made some lousy movies but his multiple character films like Coming to America and the Nutty Professor's kill me. I also like Travolta. Anyone that can play the Pelham 123 role and Edna Turnblad is a great actor. Actress I'll go with Kathy Bates or Rikki Sixx (for very different reasons!)

Easy.

Russell Crowe - because he is the most versatile bad ass in the film industry. Some of my favorite movies of his include Master and Command, Gladiator, Cinderella Man, A Good Year, Mystery Alaska, LA Confidential and 3:10 to Yuma.

MY favorite actress?

Marion Cotillard. She is gorgeous, unique, cultures, lovely, intelligent and gorgeous.

Reactions: cto
Tom Hanks is a close second.

Actor David Cross: Tobias funke from Arrested Development
Actress David Cross: Mrs. Featherbottom from Arrested development

My why is pretty simple. I have been presenting myself as Tobias Funke for all these years , but I am actually David Cross.

Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Katharine Hepburn.

No one current is 'automatic,' but i like: Bill Murray, Idris Elba, George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Denzel Washington, Danny McBride, Olga Kurylenko, Penelope Cruz.
I love those old movies. I'm surprised no one mentioned the Duke or Clark Gable or Humphrey Bogart. I do like Cary Grant above all of them but they are all channel stoppers.

I'm a huge Robert DeNiro and Meryl Streep fan. My favorite movie is The Deer Hunter. Could watch it every night. Also Jodie Foster. She is great. And I have to mention Ray Liotta who we sat next to at the Boston Garden in 2003 watching Cuse come back to beat Oklahoma State and Michael Douglas who we spent 20 minutes talking to in Bermuda.

Liotta was great. We talked to him the entire game. At halftime he says, "So you think Syracuse is going to come back and win this game". Hell yeah, buddy.

Michael Douglas has a lot of family in Albany so we talked about his aunt who worked at St Peters and his cousin who owned a liquor store on Rt 7 in Latham. We probably would have talked to him a lot longer but he had to make a run to the airport.

Really nobody is going to do this?

Okay . . . I guess its up to me then.

Favorite Actor: Jennifer Love Hewitt

Reason why: Boobs

Evidently the board is not in mid-season form yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom