Class of 2018 - OT Will Lawrence (TN) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Will Lawrence (TN) Offered

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse has offered 2018 Harding (Memphis, Tenn.) Academy OT Will Lawrence, he tweets. Also has offers from Bama, Texas, FSU, OSU...

B-vlOXTXEAAdhTI.jpg:large

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2015/02/23/catching-up-with-18-ot-will-lawrence/

Catching Up With ’18 OT Will Lawrence

February 23, 2015 by Andrew Leave a Comment

Will Lawrence is an Offensive Tackle coming out of the Class of 2018. Already, he has piles of offers from all over the country. Being so young, he is not rated by any recruiting sites at the moment but it is clear he will be one of top tackles coming out of his class. When asked about the recruiting process Will said “It’s been great! I’ve enjoyed meeting the coaches and learning about the schools.”

Will stated that Ohio State, Alabama, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arizona State, TCU, West Virginia, Duke, Louisville, Kansas, Florida Atlantic, Indiana and Cincinnati as the programs that had offered him. When asked about the schools recruiting him the hardest he listed Ole Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State, Alabama, Ohio State, TCU and Florida State. “I have no favorites at this point.” Lawrence said.

Lawrence will head over to Auburn on March 7th. “That’s all I have set up right now. I’m going to set up other visits later but not right now.” he explained.

Right now, there has not been much contact with Ohio State recently, but Will stated he is planning on calling Coach Johnson soon. Will described his game as “The best part of my game right now is pass protection on the edge. I get a lot of pancakes on the run game but I really want to improve my run game technique so I’ll get more.”

The biggest thing he is looking for in a program is a team that feels like a family, and an offensive line coach that could develop him. He is also looking for a really good strength program. Already, Will squats 430, deadlifts 480, power cleans 240 and benches 250. Off the field, he likes to hunt and mountain climb. Will Lawrence will just continue to pile on the offers and he will be rated as one of the top recruits in his class in my opinion.

Here are some highlights:

While offering a freshman seems a bit early to me, he obviously must be good considering the other offers he already has.

Used to play against Harding in the day. It is a private school. It is great to see them in Memphis. First, they will get to enjoy the best BBQ in the world. Not the Dino, Corky's, Arthur Bryant's of the worlds; but the legit backwoods rundown out the back of the gas station real deal BBQ; fried chicken too. Second, there is some legit talent in Memphis. Unfortunately, many players will have work to do. I was amused when I came up here in the early 00's and weighed around 200 and the guys I played pickup football with thought I played line. My senior year, we played a freshmen from Fayette County who was well of 300 and had to have a special helmet ordered as his noodle was huge!