Class of 2024 - OT Willie Goodacre (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OT Willie Goodacre (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23)

I think if Willie stays healthy, and he gets some "post season recognition",
that .85 rating will be a .87 on the 24 and 7 site by spring.

Quality linemen are always my favorite recruit and this young man will fill that OL nicely. Fantastic news indeed.

Would love to see a couple more of this quality. O-line and interior D-line are what separate the big boys from the pretenders.

Really nice add. Quality Good OL gets are huge. He seems to project as an IOL to me. Would like to get a really good tackle in this 2024 class also. A Center would be really nice as well but that might be able to wait until the 2025 class as both Reed and Ilaoa have eligibility through the 2025 season. But that assumes that player will be ready to start after redshirting just one year which is pretty optimistic. Not sure we should count on that.

Watching Willie now in his 1st round playoff game. Guyer had to travel about 30 miles to Coppell (just N of DFW airport), and I'm surprised how Coppell is handling them so far, 21-7 now. Willie was down injured on the 1st drive, back for the 3rd drive. The announcers can't say enough good about him. Guyer has a stud RB and Willie, but they lost alot including that stud QB. A Guyer LB is on my son's travel baseball team, great program. Guyer punts it away, almost half time. Will share the final later.

Watching Willie now in his 1st round playoff game. Guyer had to travel about 30 miles to Coppell (just N of DFW airport), and I'm surprised how Coppell is handling them so far, 21-7 now. Willie was down injured on the 1st drive, back for the 3rd drive. The announcers can't say enough good about him. Guyer has a stud RB and Willie, but they lost alot including that stud QB. A Guyer LB is on my son's travel baseball team, great program. Guyer punts it away, almost half time. Will share the final later.
Guyer recovers the on-side kick with 4 minutes to go down 35-21. Play calling very suspect after a long pass gives them 1st and goal, jeez. The same roll out to the short side 3 consecutive plays. 4th and goal they call a reverse and jump offsides, then run the same roll out play incomplete. Good grief

Coppell has rode their Jr QB and WR1, a 6'5" North Texas commit, Tipton. Chunk play after chunk play

Willie and his guard mate Adams #74 dominate the LoS at times, but when Guyer got to 3rd or 4th and long, their QB was throwing it to the other team. Zero passing game, until they brought in their wildcat guy to take some shots. Their best player is an OU DB commit who also returns kicks, plays some WR too, what a stud, Eli Bowen.

Best Coppell team I've seen, they've been dormant for awhile.

Texas halftime shows take an eternity, everyone within a country mile plays a part, for both teams, what a spectacle.

35-21 final. LGO! Beat shPITT

Any word on this kid? I really liked this offer and was hoping we'd get him. Anyone know if the new staff is interested?
According to Mike M. he's on the list to visit this week -

Player: Willie Goodacre
Position: Offensive Line
Height/Weight: 6-5, 300 lbs
School: Guyer (TX)
Rating: 3-star
Commitment Status: Committed to Syracuse
Notable Offers: Arizona State, BYU, Cal, Houston, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,SMU

His nemesis is a defensive end, goes by the name Nillie Badacre.
Spock Encerio GIF