Class of 2024 - OT Willie Goodacre (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OT Willie Goodacre (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23)

I didn’t realize he was blocking for the number one QB in the country, per the livestream dude. Huge get.
Yeah I was watching A Guyer game on ESPN last season, that QB is awesome. But when I was watching I was enthralled with this BIG olineman they had, I looked him up and it was Willie lol. Now he's our and I'm freakin pumped!

It has been a while since a Texan to come up to SU and became a major contributor (two to three-year starter).

Prominent Texans to play at SU (modern era):
  • Mark McDonald (Peach Bowl winning pitcher!)
  • Eric Chenoweth
  • Joe Fields
  • Jarveon Howard (from two yards and in)
I am sure I am missing a few (was Shelby Hill from Texas or Arizona?).
I am also not including our recent backup QB: Dillon Markiewicz.

It has been a while since a Texan to come up to SU and became a major contributor (two to three-year starter).

• Eric Chenoweth
  • Joe Fields

I think Howard was from Mississippi. Shelby Hill was from Arizona.

• Eric Chenoweth
  • Joe Fields
In the 2023 class Reed, Gill and Seabourne are all Texans.

www.hudl.com

Willie Goodacre on Hudl

Watch Willie Goodacre's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Guyer High School - Guyer Wildcats Varsity Football / T, DE / Class of 2024 / Denton, TX

www.hudl.com

Expand...

Expand...
UPDATE: COMMITTED 6/26/23!
OFFERED> WILLIE GOODACRE 2024, GUYER HS, DENTON, TX
#66 OLT 6' 5" 310

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/recruiting/willie-goodacre-syracuse-top-6-schedules-official-visit:
Farmer is the lead recruiter for Goodacre and the two have developed a strong relationship over the last several months. So much so that not only did Syracuse make Goodacre's top six, but the Orange has secured an official visit for the weekend of June 16th.

"I'm looking to see the culture of the city," Goodacre said. "And a place I can see myself at and around for more than four years."
Goodacre is one of the top offensive linemen in the state of Texas. He is listed at 6-5, 310 pounds. While he plays tackle in high school, he has the skill set to play inside at the next level as well. Beyond his top six, Goodacre also reported offers from BYU, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan State, SMU, Missouri and others. He is rated a three star prospect by all of the major recruiting services.

Goodacre-1200-913152035.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SIZE
QUICK
VERY STRONG
WILL KNOCK MAN DOWN @ LOS THEN BLOCK A LB OR PANCAKE HIS MAN
GREAT OFFENSIVE PASS AND RUN BLOCKING
MANY PANCAKES

GREAT OFFER

• Eric Chenoweth
  • Joe Fields
Alton Robinson.

At the signing ceremony I got a little wobbly when he said “I’m going up North.” I know north is usually associated with Syracuse, but I also realize that Kansas is north of Texas too.
What a great job the staff did recruiting this kid. This is the kind of under the radar infrastructure that builds a winner.

• Eric Chenoweth
  • Joe Fields
Jarveon was from Mississippi not Texas.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see where Willie ends up at Syracuse. That one writeup indicate he has the skill to play anywhere but it looked like he worked exclusively at OT in his highlights.

Here is an article on the best OL in the 2024 class in Texas. Willie is highly regarded.

It will be interesting to see where Willie ends up at Syracuse. That one writeup indicate he has the skill to play anywhere but it looked like he worked exclusively at OT in his highlights.

Here is an article on the best OL in the 2024 class in Texas. Willie is highly regarded.

Thanks for the link, Tom.

Willie played at the highest level in Texas HS football. He has played with and against some of the best prospects in the country. With that type of experience and size, this is an exciting addition to the program.

Physically, Willie looks like a prototypical guard to me.

This is a pure Steve Farmer pick up.

Willie appeared on the Juice on the Cuse podcast recently. Well-spoken for a high schooler. They always say the OL are the smartest guys...

Go to the 6 minute mark:

Juice on the Cuse podcast

Yeah, he pretty much let it slip that he was a “priority commit, er, recruit”. ;)

Welcome aboard Cuse Nation, Willie!!
LFGO!!!!