OT - Zion Williamson terrorizing Duke students | Syracusefan.com

OT - Zion Williamson terrorizing Duke students

I've always wanted to play pick up against a high-level NBA talent like that.
Not that I'd be able to do a damn thing, just to experience for myself how helpless I'd be.

I imagine I could also just go stand in front of oncoming traffic for a similar experience.

Surprised he is back on campus. Maybe went back this week to pick up his stuff.

I've always wanted to play pick up against a high-level NBA talent like that.
Not that I'd be able to do a damn thing, just to experience for myself how helpless I'd be.

I imagine I could also just go stand in front of oncoming traffic for a similar experience.

i was playing 1 on 1 with my buddy at archibold when Dnic came in and said "i got next"

he beat me 11-1. my favorite story of the game he goes up 6-0 on just shooting as soon as we check it in. but he finally misses and i get rebound. i score a point! and then im full of confidence so i pull the paul harris move of through the legs, immediately back through the legs. so fake left but go right. he goes for the steal! and i get by him and i hear him say "oh shittt" so i think i have an easy layup... nope he blocks it so far from behind it hits the wall 10+ feet from the end of the court and comes back to me.

pretty sure zion would have won 11-0.

i was playing 1 on 1 with my buddy at archibold when Dnic came in and said "i got next"

he beat me 11-1. my favorite story of the game he goes up 6-0 on just shooting as soon as we check it in. but he finally misses and i get rebound. i score a point! and then im full of confidence so i pull the paul harris move of through the legs, immediately back through the legs. so fake left but go right. he goes for the steal! and i get by him and i hear him say "oh shittt" so i think i have an easy layup... nope he blocks it so far from behind it hits the wall 10+ feet from the end of the court and comes back to me.

If I remember correctly DNic had a number of those Lebron-type blocks in his career where he would chase guys down from behind with those long arms.

Makes you wonder how we are the same species.

That's awesome. Those guys will forever het to say they played with him.
hE sHoUlDnT bE DoInG tHaT uNlEsS sOmEoNe Is PaYiNg HiM. tOo DaNgErOuS.
He should be doing it whever he wants. He loves to play. It's what will make him a great pro.

i want a worst pickup basketball experience thread

i am not good, never was. 5'10, not a good ball handler, takes forever to get my shot off. but i was fast at one point.

so at the Y, i beat the other guys down the floor and had a layup but i knew a guy who played in college was trying to run me down and block it. i slow down and pump fake and he goes flying out of bounds and i take my sweet time laying it in and everyone laughs at him

i try to hide on defense but he is on to me, somehow I end up on him and he tom chambers me two knees on my shoulders, dunks over me as i fall down. my feet were set for about oh 40 seconds but no one seemed to care and i kept my mouth shut

it's never good to embarrass people a million times better.

Are we sure that's him? I can't see his face. Plus, he didn't do the post-dunk Zion dance.

i am not good, never was. 5'10, not a good ball handler, takes forever to get my shot off. but i was fast at one point.

so at the Y, i beat the other guys down the floor and had a layup but i knew a guy who played in college was trying to run me down and block it. i slow down and pump fake and he goes flying out of bounds and i take my sweet time laying it in and everyone laughs at him

i try to hide on defense but he is on to me, somehow I end up on him and he tom chambers me two knees on my shoulders, dunks over me as i fall down. my feet were set for about oh 40 seconds but no one seemed to care and i kept my mouth shut

This part reads like one of Chip's favorite Mad Libs circa 1999.

Mike Williams (the WR) dunked on me in Archbold during an intramural game when the other team didn’t have enough players. He was a freak athlete.

That's awesome. Those guys will forever het to say they played with him.

He should be doing it whever he wants. He loves to play. It's what will make him a great pro.

Yes, agreed. I was being sarcastic towards the seemingly more common thinking that players should sit everything out so they don’t get hurt.

Reminds me of this.
rcUpJrj.gif

Start that! Or just any pick up stories in general.

I got clothes lined once in an organized Y league. And I mean LITERALLY, purposely clothes lined. NO FOUL CALLED.

What happened was it was my first time signing up and figured, due to past experience, I should sign up for the C division. Little did I know that was for the "old guys". I'm 31 with juice left in the tank so I had a pretty easy time getting around guys to score. Guy had had enough I suppose. I knew something wasn't right if I was able to carry my team to a "championship". To date I've had like 2 winning seasons of organized basketball going back to elementary school. Basically the Sacto Kings from 05 to current. Needless to say I went up a division next session.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom