"Other Considerations" ??? | Syracusefan.com

"Other Considerations" ???

Townie72

All American
I'm thrilled with this. Although I'm not sure it will really seem real until I see the ACC logo on the SU unis and on the Carrier Dome floor.

But what are these "other considerations"?

When the ACC and the NBE settled their suit in 03, the "other considerations" included some football H&H series. Each NBE team got one H&H series with an ACC school. Because the NBE was hurting for opponents because they only had 8 teams.

Did SU have to agree to schedule some NNBE teams?

Did we have to agree not to say anything mean about the NNBE?

And why the secrecy around the "other considerations". Why not just come out and say what they are?

I'm thrilled with this. Although I'm not sure it will really seem real until I see the ACC logo on the SU unis and on the Carrier Dome floor.

But what are these "other considerations"?

When the ACC and the NBE settled their suit in 03, the "other considerations" included some football H&H series. Each NBE team got one H&H series with an ACC school. Because the NBE was hurting for opponents because they only had 8 teams.

Did SU have to agree to schedule some NNBE teams?

Did we have to agree not to say anything mean about the NNBE?

And why the secrecy around the "other considerations". Why not just come out and say what they are?
It may be as simple as thanks for making the Big East

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

We'll be forced to play St Johns in MSG.

That's funny. Talk about "giving someone the sleeves out of your vest".

I just read a post by Orangello in another thread and he poses that it probably is a basketball scheduling agreement.

Now there are some teams SU would play without any agreement with the Big East. St Johns at the Garden would probably be at the top of the list.

But there are others that wouldn't ordinarily make the cut. But where SU playing in their arena would be a huge deal to them in terms of exposure and ticket sales. Maybe some of the newer members like SMU and Houston.

I'm thrilled with this. Although I'm not sure it will really seem real until I see the ACC logo on the SU unis

One step ahead of you.
-10-1.jpg

We'll be forced to play St Johns in MSG.

I want to see SU vs. Georgetown in the Big East Tournament Final. Our last BE game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom