Otto Porter Injury | Syracusefan.com

Otto Porter Injury

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Didn't watch the Gtown game since I was at the SU game, but my understanding is that Otto Porter hurt his knee in their game against DePaul last night in the first half, came out in the 2nd half with a sleeve on it, tried to play in the 2nd half, came out quickly and did not return.

Lots of speculation on how serious the injury is.

This article talks about it briefly.

No team in the conference depends more on one player than the Hoyas do on Otto. Without him, they are Rutgerian.

We could only hope that he won't play Saturday but I think if the Georgetown game was closer he woulda played last night. It sounds more like a sprain than anything more serious. I would be shocked if he's not at 100 percent Saturday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

We could only hope that he won't play Saturday but I think if the Georgetown game was closer he woulda played last night. It sounds more like a sprain than anything more serious. I would be shocked if he's not at 100 percent Saturday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
If its a knee sprain I don't think he will be 100% for Sat.

I say it's an evil ploy by the enemy to bait us into a relaxed state. He'll play. No doubt about it. They are coming in here with the kitchen sink, you can bank on it.

Porter should be conference player of the year. If he's out, Saturday's gonna be a laugher.

Sure. I mean he wont get it, but he does everything the team needs him to do consistantly.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Silva still get a huge # of votes due to the preseason ranking

CJ Fair - best player in the Big East - I've been saying it all year long.
Outside shot at BE POY. Right now it's Napier or Porter, but if CJ finishes the season really strong and we win the BE regular season he has a really good shot.

I agree CJ's not the favorite - but I still think he is the best. I would not trade him for any other player in the league. He may not have the best pro potential but he's a very good college player.

Sure. I mean he wont get it, but he does everything the team needs him to do consistantly.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Silva still get a huge # of votes due to the preseason ranking

CJ has been great, but Porter is awesome. He's got a 60% true shooting vs 56% for CJ. He has a higher offensive rebounding%, a higher defensive rebounding%, the same to%, a massively higher assist% (17% vs 4%), gets to the foul line more often, the same block rate, and twice as high a steal rate.

CJ is a worthy candidate for first team all conf, but he hasn't been as good as Porter this year.

Porter should be conference player of the year. If he's out, Saturday's gonna be a laugher.
We can't ever assume we'll make any game a laugher. We were supposed to crush UConn because of our huge advantage on the interior.

CJ has been great, but Porter is awesome. He's got a 60% true shooting vs 56% for CJ. He has a higher offensive rebounding%, a higher defensive rebounding%, the same to%, a massively higher assist% (17% vs 4%), gets to the foul line more often, the same block rate, and twice as high a steal rate.

CJ is a worthy candidate for first team all conf, but he hasn't been as good as Porter this year.

Anyway you slice it, Porter and Fair are the two best forwards in the league this year. Porter will definitely be first team all-conference, but it's not a slam dunk in Fair's case simply because our guards are so strong.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom