Ouch (Pitt update) | Syracusefan.com

Ouch (Pitt update)

Bortukal

All Conference
PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel

Pitt announces that it lost three key players, including star tailback Ray Graham, for the season with injuries.

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102711aaa.html

Junior running back Ray Graham suffered a right knee injury that will require surgery. He entered the Connecticut game as the nation’s second-leading rusher (134.1 yards/game). Graham finishes the year with 958 rushing yards on 164 carries (5.8 avg.) and nine touchdowns.

Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Matt Rotheram sustained a fractured left ankle and will undergo surgery. One of Pitt’s most versatile linemen, Rotheram played in all eight games this season and started the last two contests at tackle and guard, respectively.

Additionally, junior receiver Cameron Saddler will be out for the rest of the season with a fractured sternum. Saddler played in all eight games, starting seven, and had 19 catches for 207 yards (10.9 avg.) and a TD. He was injured following a 40-yard catch-and-run that set up Pitt’s third touchdown for a 21-3 lead over UConn late in the first half.

geezus...rough night for pitt

I feel really bad for Graham - if that doesn't happen last night he is very well positioned to make a lot of money in the next draft. Hopefully he fully recovers.

You could tell Sadler was hurt after that play, but watching the replay I couldn't tell what it might be. Fractured sternum just sounds awful.

damn sorry to hear...hate anyone to get hurt...on another view; pleased they beat Uconn...maybe being banged up helps 'Cuse beat Pitt...always got to find the jewel in the sauce...(that is a new one)

Fractured sternum!? OMG! You don't hear that every day. That has to hurt like hell. Pitt is now a MASH unit.

Really sucks for Ray, takes multiple season for RB to get it back in full after a knee.

On our end, Pitt is looking much more winnable than after the Tualne game.

3 offensive starters in 1 night is brutal. I think this should end all talk of the SU injury curse. Pitt's got it worse right now for certain.

Never want to see anyone get hurt, but this has to be extremely damaging to Pitt. A team that's already lost an OL and a WR for the season now loses another from each position plus their best offensive player.

And I don't think I've ever heard about someone fracturing their sternum before, but from how painful a bruised sternum can be, I feel for the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom