ouch! | Syracusefan.com

ouch!

" this defense is horrible". Yet I read here that shafer is a genius! I think this guy made the right call, our secondary has been horrible all year, beaten and out of position too many times to even remember

I'm glad they watched one of our games to make blanket statements about our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take Syracuse straight up. Screw the 14. A week off to prepare is just what the defense needed. As long as we can get pressure on Geno, we'll have a legitimate shot.

SU 24 - W VU 20.

" this defense is horrible". Yet I read here that shafer is a genius! I think this guy made the right call, our secondary has been horrible all year, beaten and out of position too many times to even remember
AND YET WE ARE 4-2 AND ALMOST 5-1

Yes, I wasn't sure at first. But after hearing two blowhards that I've never seen before tell us that the defense is horrible, now I'm convinced that Shafer sucks.

Love when people say IF team X (tulane) didn't turn the ball over they would've won. That's rich.
If we had scored 30 against Rutgers, we would have won. :D

If we had scored 30 against Rutgers, we would have won. :D

We certainly would've won that game had we not turned the ball over.

And sometimes you have to give defenses credit for making plays and forcing turn overs.

The guy also said, IF tulane had some special teams. That's rich to.

Ryan Nasseeb. What is he Arab now?

Is he not Arab? That was my assumption. He could pass for Lebanese. Not that it matters either way. But if he is, that's two out of 11 starters on offense who are Arabs. Gotta be some kind of record, no? We've got the market cornered on Arab sportsmen (Seikaly too).

Is he not Arab? That was my assumption. He could pass for Lebanese. Not that it matters either way. But if he is, that's two out of 11 starters on offense who are Arabs. Gotta be some kind of record, no? We've got the market cornered on Arab sportsmen (Seikaly too).
Macky's an Arab? :eek:
For the record, the Lebanese are not Arabs.

Nassib? I just thought that was German or something... He's pretty darn white...

I love how he looks like a ghost just slapped him over the head after he knocks on our defense.

We certainly would've won that game had we not turned the ball over.

And sometimes you have to give defenses credit for making plays and forcing turn overs.

The guy also said, IF tulane had some special teams. That's rich to.
I seriously wonder how some of these people are employed as "analysts". If the guy had watched 3 or 4 'Cuse games, and wants to make a conclusion that the Defense is Horrible, so be it. To watch one game and act as if that makes you an expert...it's pathetic.

Had he watched the Rutgers game and only the Rutgers game we'd hear about how Geno Smith may have a tough time with the hard hitting Syracuse defense.

I'm not saying Syracuse's defense has been strong and consistent all year because it hasn't, but geez if you're going to make strong statements like that you better at least do your job and that includes research if you're an analyst.

Rutgers and Tulane were the tales of two defenses for SU. Rutgers may be horrible on offense, but they do have some pretty good WRs, and our DBs did a great job shutting them down. Against Tulane, we were sleepwalking through the game. It was obvious on a few of those TDs.

Based on the opponent, the results might look more Tulane-ish, but the effort will look more Rutgers-ish. We'll be ready to play Friday night, just don't know if that means much. LSU has the best secondary in the country. Holgerson's offense + Dome = Terrifying.

Just watched 3:04 of why I will never pay a service for sports picks. What a load of crap. Doesn't take into account injuries we've had on D and some of the young players that have been thrown to the wolves early.

I don't expect anyone to fully know all 120 teams inside and out - but don't pick games when you've watched one friggen game...the worst one at that. Like Donbest.com for some of their free info/stats/weather but damn...

Macky's an Arab? :eek:
For the record, the Lebanese are not Arabs.

Chibane has Arab heritage. And yeah, the Lebanese are all Phoenicians---at least they like to say that. They speak Arabic now, though, and that's pretty much what qualifies you as an Arab. You start going down the "race" road and it leads to a dead-end (not unlike Jews).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom