Our biggest obstacle going forward? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our biggest obstacle going forward?

I cannot believe how the bottom fell out of his game the past two games. The double-double vs Maryland seemed to be a clear indicator that he could handle the role this year.

Then the Uconn debacle. Now It's like starting from scratch.

His problem seems to be between his ears...the lack of confidence is apparent.
Frank is what he is. His Bball IQ will never be very good.

18 pts, 6 rebounds and 6 assists is certainly not the end of the world. 5 TO is not what you like but there were two of those that when Frank threw the pass the player went the opposite way. Hard to tell whose fault that was.
I think there is a certain amount of agreement that Frank is still working on becoming a PG. He may never be a MCW or Ennis but he'll be a lot better than what we saw last year.

If it was one guy who kept "going the wrong way" I'd give Howard the benefit of the doubt, but its multiple different players multiple times a game. I find it difficult to believe that it's everyone else's fault.

Brissett should run the old Rautins baseline run around to opposite wing for a catch-n-shoot. He's so quick he' probably get open every time.

I don't want him actually shooting. He is very adept at driving and finishing or getting his own board and scoring on a put-back / getting fouled.

Terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, 3 point shooting as a team.

To a lesser extent, turnovers and sloppiness with the ball.

I don't want him actually shooting. He is very adept at driving and finishing or getting his own board and scoring on a put-back / getting fouled.

Yeah, Brisset should get the Paul Harris treatment from Boeheim. Any shot past about 15 feet and he gets a few minutes on the bench to think about what he's done... He's been terrible from three point range this year but it doesn't seem to stop him from hoisting them up. Actually he's been terrible shooting in general (34.8%!). I think it will come around for him in time but so far his shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

I cannot believe how the bottom fell out of his game the past two games. The double-double vs Maryland seemed to be a clear indicator that he could handle the role this year.

Then the Uconn debacle. Now It's like starting from scratch.

His problem seems to be between his ears...the lack of confidence is apparent.

He was flatout awful for the first half of the Colgate game but I thought he played very well in the second half. Hopefully he can carry that over to Georgetown. We need him to be more consistent, that's for sure.

He was flatout awful for the first half of the Colgate game but I thought he played very well in the second half. Hopefully he can carry that over to Georgetown. We need him to be more consistent, that's for sure.
yep, this.
1st half colgate was continuation of ucon game, but 2nd half colgate he played well - let's hope there's continuation of that for g'town

to answer OP question, biggest obstacle is twofold:
offensive efficiency and the play of Frank Howard

Lack of depth at the guard spot... and based on your list of 4, I would think that could impact the 3 point D. The activity of the guards is crucial to our zone, and I am concerned what fatigue will to do them, especially since they are high usage offensive players as well.

• Frank's inconsistent play. Regressing to the mean.
  • Not finding the three point shooter and not playing up on the man in the zone. Happens way too often.
  • Perimeter jumper happy. Need to take guys to the rack if you have an advantage over them. Shouldn't have been taking that many jumpers against Colgate.
  • Who else can score besides the Big 3? Moyer went right back to being the Moyer we knew, Marek doesn't have a jumpshot that we know of and Chukwu isn't going to go off unless he gets enough touches under the basket.

18 pts, 6 rebounds and 6 assists is certainly not the end of the world. 5 TO is not what you like but there were two of those that when Frank threw the pass the player went the opposite way. Hard to tell whose fault that was.
I think there is a certain amount of agreement that Frank is still working on becoming a PG. He may never be a MCW or Ennis but he'll be a lot better than what we saw last year.
Amen. Our fanbase is starting to look really uneducated about basketball as they continually berate our 2nd best player. Our forwards and centers are never in the right place. Ever. FH sets guys up all the time but they aren't there usually. JB has alluded to this multiple times.

Brissett is like 3 for 100 on three balls and throws up some horrific shots each game but gets a pass.

Hilarious. But sadly, expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom