Our crying need. A true center! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Our crying need. A true center!

Jimmy Dykes said last night that we would be going hard in the portal for a big. I worry about losing Brown to the portal. I have to think last night helped us in keeping him. We need help. A big and a guard. Maybe a wing too. Williams won't be the last guy to leave the program
Agreed. Don’t know that we’ll ever see a year again where only seniors/nba players depart. Those days appear to be over.

I worry about Brown leaving as well. Hoping he’s a bit under the radar at least nationally. But, if in fairness, he’d be an absolute perfect addition for any team that was a wing/forward short. He’s an excellent player. Hope he’s back.

I’m sure they will be going after ‘bigs’ but I’m just not positive they’ll define it as a center, per se. A physical aggressive forward/wing would be terrific. Ideally some solid offense even if it was a defense/rebounding/hustle profile, I’d be happy.

Someone to pair with JJ in the backcourt would seem like a priority as well.

Bigs take longer to develop, they say.
So there's a chance that we get a junior who can develop.
But... didn't we try that with Macleod?

Why will Judah be gone? Certainly has not shown to be NBA ready. Talented yes NBA caliber no. Kids leave for their own reasons, but no way will he be an NBA first or second round choice.
Pay site for the insights

Sorry, that's called real life. There are jackarse's everywhere.
We've all dealt with "leadership" that are abrasive and/or severely misguided.

I just cannot stomach quitting whenever adversity strikes. How about playing to spite the coach you dislike so much? Then leave AFTER the season, which ends less than a month from now. Do it the right way. Be bigger than the coach you despise.

Rather, this guy quit, hurt his teammates and hindered his own development.
I would not even look at his tape if I were a college HC, let alone Red/SU.
You probably would not have drafted Christian McCaffrey.

I have to agree, can not stand quitters in the middle of something anything. Bad character trait.
Where do you draw the line? Signed Big 10 conference female athletes.

Maybe he wasn't interested in us.
This is incorrect. He would have been interested but he also wasn’t highly touted and didn’t meet the SU specs at the time

This is incorrect. He would have been interested but he also wasn’t highly touted and didn’t meet the SU specs at the time
Hmm the word maybe was used. And then you said he would have...meaning as of that time, he wasn't.

Hmm the word maybe was used. And then you said he would have...meaning as of that time, he wasn't.
Check the centers SU had/have “at that/this time”. He’s doesn’t meet the specs those coaches wants.

You can get upset, but theres lots of misses in recruiting. Some are their fault and some are kids meeting potential quick enough.

#TLS

FYI - I “maybe” know the kid.

I
Check the centers SU had/have “at that/this time”. He’s doesn’t meet the specs those coaches wants.

You can get upset, but theres lots of misses in recruiting. Some are their fault and some are kids meeting potential quick enough.

#TLS

If you really know him, what’s his blood type?

#TLS

Why are you responding to me. I have never heard of the kid and had no interest in his recruiting. I used the word maybe for a reason. That was my point.

Why are you responding to me. I have never heard of the kid and had no interest in his recruiting. I used the word maybe for a reason. That was my point.
It’s a public forum and that’s what it’s meant for.

Yeah, I have 40,000 messages here. I know what the board is for.
Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

Yeah, I have 40,000 messages here. I know what the board is for.
Weird… I’m guessing 39,000 angry ones.

Man…. enjoy others on here, the info they can share, and their thoughts.

Dont make everything fight.

Enjoy ur night, brother

Weird… I’m guessing 39,000 angry ones.

Man…. enjoy others on here, the info they can share, and their thoughts.

Dont make everything fight.

Enjoy ur night, brother
Know the room before you say things like that. First, I'm not mad. Just weird that you responded to me about a kid that I don't know. Don't care about. Quite frankly, never heard of. Have a good night.

Know the room before you say things like that. First, I'm not mad. Just weird that you responded to me about a kid that I don't know. Don't care about. Quite frankly, never heard of. Have a good night.
What room?

The room you commented in on a kid that you don’t know, don’t care about, and quite frankly have never heard of?

People respond to people I threads here man. Its ok

What room?

The room you commented in on a kid that you don’t know, don’t care about, and quite frankly have never heard of?

People respond to people I threads here man. Its ok
No. The room is this board. You are new here. Settle down. I wasn't looking for a fight with you. I don't give a fxxk about this kid who you know. I wish him well. Just some info, if you like the board. You won't last long looking for a fight with me. And I'm too old to deal with crap like this.

No. The room is this board. You are new here. Settle down. I wasn't looking for a fight with you. I don't give a fxxk about this kid who you know. I wish him well. Just some info, if you like the board. You won't last long looking for a fight with me. And I'm too old to deal with crap like this.
I’m not fighting at all and giving no “crap”. Just trying to enjoy the site and post when I have info. My original response to you wasn’t a dig. Just info

Wish you well!

I’m not fighting at all and giving no “crap”. Just trying to enjoy the site and post when I have info. My original response to you wasn’t a dig. Just info

Wish you well!
Honestly, I wish you well too. We just got off to a weird start. It's a great board with a lot of inside info.

Honestly, I wish you well too. We just got off to a weird start. It's a great board with a lot of inside info.
Yeah if you like "inside info" from people that won't share their sources.

Wish you well!
You didn't do anything wrong. Thanks for the info.

Yeah if you like "inside info" from people that won't share their sources.
Well, you should never watch or read news reports based on sources.
If someone gives up a source, that source will cut them off.
No one posts things here believing them to be untrue, but things can change after information is shared.
(Note: the post to which I replied may have been sarcasm, but the sarcasm font was not used).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom