Our First Loss Pending? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our First Loss Pending?

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose this game.

I don't think we will, but wouldn't be shocking. If we lost to BC, that would have been a different story.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose this game.

I don't think we will, but wouldn't be shocking. If we lost to BC, that would have been a different story.

My goal is 15-3 or better in conference - which would set us up for a 1 seed with a strong showing in the ACC Tourney.

Lets see if we can get the left over Kentucky 40-0 shirts!!
Kentucky faithful at it again.
image.jpg

Ashton Gibbs hit six three pointers that game and we gave up 55 second half points after we were leading at halftime. Brad Wanamaker took 14 FTA. We got called for 19 personal fouls in the second half. Wes got his fourth at 7:53 and Rick got his fourth at 7:40. Andy and BT combined to go 1-11 from three.

Do you see what I'm getting at? The confluence of crap that had to happen to beat that 2010 team was ridiculous and that is the only way this year's team is going to lose to a team like Pitt as well.

Dixon is a good coach and he has experience versus JB. They have some solid players, but we should win. If we played this game 10 times, I would expect to win at least seven times with these two teams.

This is exactly why you can pencil in an L. This crap just happens when we play Pizzle. Yo take a team that is the 2nd most hack-n-grab in the world (to Butler) and WE get called for 2,200 fouls against them and they suddenly hit jump shots. For years this team has rolled out a collection of thugs, none of whom have the slightest basketball ability and yet beat us 3 out of 4 times regardless of how much talent we have.

This is exactly why you can pencil in an L. This crap just happens when we play Pizzle. Yo take a team that is the 2nd most hack-n-grab in the world (to Butler) and WE get called for 2,200 fouls against them and they suddenly hit jump shots. For years this team has rolled out a collection of thugs, none of whom have the slightest basketball ability and yet beat us 3 out of 4 times regardless of how much talent we have.

To be fair, when you are allowed 10 years of eligibility per player, like Carl Krauser, it can be tough to beat a team.

Last edited:
Although Pitt has had a softer schedule, they are scoring more PPG, grabbing more RBs, getting more APG, hitting more FGs and are better at the FT line than us. 3pt shooting and TOs are about equal. So on paper they seem to have an edge.

To date they have only one loss, which is against Cinci by a point. Based on their past record against us they certainly have an advantage, unless you only look back a season or two.

So how do we do Saturday? I think that in spite of the above - with these kids we win - but it could get ugly.

Are you sure you chose the right forum name? Perhaps you and Randy should go have a chat until you're both enlightened.

I am worried that the Wake Forest game will be the first loss. They haven't lost at home and it is a 9pm game . Wake and SU will both have 4 days off before the game. (WF against Notre Dame @ home while SU @ Miami) Unfortunately Syracuse plays Duke 3 days later so I see some overlooking WF before the bug game.

Ehh most hack n grab goes to L'Ville hands down. Russ Smith was even quoted saying that one of the reasons they aren't playing so well this year is because they can't play they're usual hack defense because of this years' new rules. If the rules were implemented last year, they wouldn't have made it past Oregon in March

Are we going to have one of these threads for each game through the rest of the season?

Are we going to have one of these threads for each game through the rest of the season?

Perhaps we should pin it at the top, and have a contest to guess how many posts we get on it before it actually happens. If indeed it ever does.

Are you my Dad?

This question reminds me of a funny story. Back in the late 90s when AOL was popular, I was over a neighbor's house with my first wife. We are drinking wine and talking about stuff. My friend Jim makes the comment, "In the AOL chat rooms, I don't think all those women are really women. I think some of those women are men." At which point I chimed in, "Jim, I thought that was you!" And he gets all red-faced. His wife looks at him and lets out a gasp and we all laugh. I thought it was pretty funny. But Jim was really mad at me. He didn't talk to me for three years because of my comment!!!!

I wonder if we should change the tradition. Stand up and cheer on our defense until the other team makes a basket :)
They do this at Arizona. It threw me when I was there. Since the opponent was bad they stood and clapped for a LoNG time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom