Our good friends from the Boneyard think it is | Syracusefan.com

Our good friends from the Boneyard think it is

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
a joke that we are #2. Good guys. I guess they look at it like hey, they only beat Indiana by 17. Fair. A good team beats Indiana by at least 2. And Baylor, a team that just beat kentucky, we only beat by 7. I love the boneyard kids. They really know the game.

dasher said:
Marsh is very supportive of our old Big East conference mates. Marsh thinks it's a shame that the school along with their athletic programs have been doomed by being left behind in the crap A.A.C..

I share the same feeling about uconn that i share when i take a dump

I don't need to see any more on or about them unless we're playing them or they do something worth noting (unlikely) again someday. I don't care what every other mid-major thinks about us... hey what's Ball St's message board think? What about Western Michigan? Santa Clara want to chime in on the zone?

I don't need to see any more on or about them unless we're playing them or they do something worth noting (unlikely) again someday. I don't care what every other mid-major thinks about us... hey what's Ball St's message board think? What about Western Michigan? Santa Clara want to chime in on the zone?
Very good points.

We're going to hear from them the rest of the year, I'm afraid. They will take losses from Louisville and Memphis, probably, but otherwise ride the path of patsies into relevance in 2014. They wanna talk about cupcakes? Their conference schedule is a pastry chef's dream. Louisville and Memphis (maybe Cinci) add some attention getting icing, but the rest is cream puff. They will have the ol' Conf-USA highway to a decent seed, and should continue that streak most years as a big goldfish in a rotting cesspool.

They are a cool bunch over there, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Great group of guys. Truly, we could all learn something from that awesome bunch over there. You guys are so negative of them here...And I haven't the slightest idea why...?

The best comment might be "beating Baylor just isn't impressive"

Baylor also beat Colorado. That Baylor game is going to look better and better as the year wears on.

UConn Kenpom Ranking = 23
AP Ranking = 9

This team is clearly overrated in the polls.

As I have mentioned in other threads, I like to view the KP rating and draw as much from that early on as the AP ranking. AP can be biased to preseason ranking , relies too much on one small decision (W or L), and is biased to top teams.

Neither is perfect, but I think KP at this time of year shows teams who may be flying under the radar or may be overrated.

BTW, Syracuse is #7 in KP (but only marginally from a #4). To me such a KP ranking is close enough to a #2 ranking to make the AP ranking seem reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom