Our good friends from the Boneyard think it is | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our good friends from the Boneyard think it is

Heres how i feel

F those bastards. Yea you too fishy

Seriously, I do feel some remorse that our rivalry with them is over. Fishy and Tom are great, great guys and they gave this board a home when it had none.

There are many good, knowledgeable posters over there and I will miss playing them. Calhoun was one of the best at picking apart the zone and beat it year after year.

I will also admit that my personal feelings changed to envy, anger and bitterness when that Kemba Walker team won the GD championship after being only a .500 club in the Big East.

I posted over there a number of times during conference realignment that it would be best for the SU program for them to be left behind, and that certainly did not go over well.

But it's the truth, SU football was at its best when UConn and Rutgers were irrelevant. We need to return to that status quo, and seem to be on our way.

As much as we say "" I do want to remind people that they were more than just a rival. Some of these folks have been good friends to us all, and they are deserving of our respect.

Last edited:
Seriously, I do feel some remorse that our rivalry with them is over. Fishy and Tom are great, great guys and they gave this board a home when it had none. There are many good, knowledgable posters over there and I will miss playing them. Calhoun was one of the best at picking apart the zone and dusk it year after year I will also admit that my personal feelings changed to envy. anger and bitterness when that Kemba Walker team won the GD championship after being only a .500 club in the Big East. I posted over there a number of times during conference realignment that it would be best for the SU program for them to be left behind, and that certainly did not go over well. But it's the truth, SU football was at its best when UConn and Rutgers were irrelevant. We need to return to that status quo, and seem to be on our way. As much as we say "" I do want to remind people that they were more than just a rival. Some if these folks have been good friends to us all, and they are deserving of our respect.
Seperate Tom and Fishy. Tom is a great guy. Fishy is a fraud.

Seriously, I do feel some remorse that our rivalry with them is over. Fishy and Tom are great, great guys and they gave this board a home when it had none. There are many good, knowledgable posters over there and I will miss playing them. Calhoun was one of the best at picking apart the zone and dusk it year after year I will also admit that my personal feelings changed to envy. anger and bitterness when that Kemba Walker team won the GD championship after being only a .500 club in the Big East. I posted over there a number of times during conference realignment that it would be best for the SU program for them to be left behind, and that certainly did not go over well. But it's the truth, SU football was at its best when UConn and Rutgers were irrelevant. We need to return to that status quo, and seem to be on our way. As much as we say "" I do want to remind people that they were more than just a rival. Some if these folks have been good friends to us all, and they are deserving of our respect.

I hate Uconn because in my lifetime, the past 20 years, they were easily our greatest rival. The only other team in my mind that comes close in Nova.

There a some very knowledgeable posters over there that do not participate in the vindictiveness. I don't yet understand why folks here respond to it.

I am going to miss playing them yearly a great deal as they helped us prepare for the NCAA with the way they handled our zone. Fortunately we still have to play Pitt, another team that knows how to give us fits.

I can think of nothing less compelling, or more lacking in any sense of fundamental urgency, than the opinions of UConn fans.

Seperate Tom and Fishy. Tom is a great guy. Fishy is a fraud.

I went to a few ABCD camps with Fishy, and he got me press passes a couple times to sit in the press box with the people for the ratings services. I will always appreciate that. He is a funny guy, is very knowledgeable and personally, I really like him. I'm not so sure that feeling is reciprocated after I went over there and crapped on their program during C-R, but he's a good dude.

I went to a few ABCD camps with Fishy, and he got me press passes a couple times to sit in the press box with the people for the ratings services. I will always appreciate that. He is a funny guy, is very knowledgeable and personally, I really like him. I'm not so sure that feeling is reciprocated after I went over there and crapped on their program during C-R, but he's a good dude.
Have you ever read what he has said about Syracuse on their board? Major league P.O.S. The fact that he acts nice sometimes actually makes him more of a fraud. At least with some of their other nitwits, you always know where they are at.

IMG_5984.JPG

UConn Kenpom Ranking = 23
AP Ranking = 9

This team is clearly overrated in the polls.

As I have mentioned in other threads, I like to view the KP rating and draw as much from that early on as the AP ranking. AP can be biased to preseason ranking , relies too much on one small decision (W or L), and is biased to top teams.

Neither is perfect, but I think KP at this time of year shows teams who may be flying under the radar or may be overrated.

BTW, Syracuse is #7 in KP (but only marginally from a #4). To me such a KP ranking is close enough to a #2 ranking to make the AP ranking seem reasonable.

How much does KP overrate Wisconsin this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom