Our HC made 2 major mistakes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our HC made 2 major mistakes

I have no idea, the announcers made it sound like we kept him out for a play to make sure he was ok. I was ready to rip the refs for not letting him back in.
That was the quickest examination in the history of football. Nope, there was either confusion about the rule from our sideline or the refs would not allow him back in. I could believe either.

The referees were awful and in over their heads in that environment. They did a terrible job

The clock kept running when we'd make a first down.

Dungey's helmet situation is one that should cost someone their job

Truly horrific effort

How about the D was spent, and we weren't getting another stop?

After all, LSU went through us on their last possession like crap through a tired goose anyways.

Based on Babers stated game plan of getting it to the 4th quarter , with a close game, and then relying on Syracuse being the better conditioned team. If that was the actual strategy then I can see why he just kicked the PAT at the end of the 3rd qtr, bringing it to the 4th quarter only down 9. He basically had them right where he wanted them, but they let them off the hook (Dennis Green voice)

He took his own helmet off after the play had been finished right? Isn't that considered an in between play and shouldn't have been enforced?

This is all I could find
Rule 3-2-4-c
“13. An offensive team player’s helmet comes off through play….”

Rule 3-3-2-e
“16. A player’s helmet comes completely off through play.”

Rule 3-3-9
“a. If a player’s helmet comes completely off through play, other than as a direct
result of a foul by an opponent, the player must leave the game for the next down…..”

This is all I could find
Rule 3-2-4-c
“13. An offensive team player’s helmet comes off through play….”

Rule 3-3-2-e
“16. A player’s helmet comes completely off through play.”

Rule 3-3-9
“a. If a player’s helmet comes completely off through play, other than as a direct
result of a foul by an opponent, the player must leave the game for the next down…..”

Through the play but when he did it is the play not over?

Su needs an answer: Why wasn't dungey able to return after a timeout?!

In the SEC people lose their lives over this stuff

I don't want that, but what the ?!?!

Dino had our guys ready to play today, great effort, he made two key coaching mistakes that could have cost us a game.
Well, he made maybe 1 bad call. I actually think both were fine. I would have kicked the extra point, and while I wouldn't have kicked the onside kick, I understood it considering that their offense had gashed up for 5 yards per play in the ground for the past quarter.the difference is losing by 2 and losing by 9.

Based on Babers stated game plan of getting it to the 4th quarter , with a close game, and then relying on Syracuse being the better conditioned team. If that was the actual strategy then I can see why he just kicked the PAT at the end of the 3rd qtr, bringing it to the 4th quarter only down 9. He basically had them right where he wanted them, but they let them off the hook (Dennis Green voice)

LSU caught the onside kick on the 44. Only took them 7 plays to score.

We kick deep and they get it on the 25. It might have taken LSU 3-4 more plays and another 1:30 to make up the 19 yards.

We've complained when Marrone punted on 4th&3. We've complained when we kicked an onside kick down 2 against the 4th most talented team (recruiting ranking-wise) of the last 5 years.

Dino is aggressive. Sometimes it will work. Sometimes it will not work. He gave us a shot tonight. I'm happy about that. Let's win 5 in the league and build from there.

LSU caught the onside kick on the 44. Only took them 7 plays to score.

We kick deep and they get it on the 25. It might have taken LSU 3-4 more plays and another 1:30 to make up the 19 yards.

With that reasoning, it's a wonder why teams ever kick it deep to begin with after scoring...just try playing make it take it. :confused:

Dino had our guys ready to play today, great effort, he made two key coaching mistakes that could have cost us a game.
I don't consider not going for 2 with a quarter to play or trying an onsides kick late in the game mistakes. He made choices, they didn't work out. At other times in the game, he made other choices that worked out fine. Big deal!

Without spotting them 7 points in the first 9 seconds and dropping a wide open touchdown pass, Syracuse probably wins the game. Both of those things have nothing to do with the coaches. Players have to make plays... they played well, but gave away too much and missed too many opportunities. LSU made more plays when they had to and they won the game.

I like Dino plays each game on its own at the time and takes chances , gambles .. rather that play it safe or "correct" play

How about the D was spent, and we weren't getting another stop?

After all, LSU went through us on their last possession like crap through a tired goose anyways.

I wish Dino could signal these things to the fans. Given what time I had to wake up today, I could have used the extra 20-30 minutes of z’s.

Are we really complaining about the coaching after that game? Seriously?

I think complaining about coaching decisions is a good thing for the board. Shows hope that the team on the field can win.

Complaining about talent mismatches and systems built for not winning (but losing close games) was getting old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom